Reference Stardate 1/9601 through 1/9612
- RSD 1/9601: The Battle of Sinbad IV is fought, marking the first major confrontation between ground troops of the opposing forces. The Battle of Delgon-R is fought, marking the first use of gravitic mines and the first defensive action by the Klingons.
- RSD 1/9602: The Battle of Sector 23-H between large forces of Klingon and Federation vessels results in a temporary Federation withdrawal. The Battle of Falgor occurs as part of the covering action. Star Fleet's Bode class scout is withdrawn from service.
- RSD 1/9603: The Battle of Lasur Funop and the Encounter at Videtu are fought. Though the reasons given are not satisfactory to many, the Constitution class cruiser is withdrawn from front-line combat duty against Klingon forces. It will continue to serve on other fronts in its prewar capacities.
- RSD 1/9605: The Battles of Jevol, Klaf, and Ogolo are fought. Upon graduation, the first class of officers trained in the Marine Academy receive assignments with marine combat formations.
- RSD 1/9606: The Klingon D-10A class cruiser enters service and is immediately sent into combat. It becomes the most respected ship in the Klingon Imperial Navy. The Klingon D-20A class cruiser also enters service at this time, filling a role similar to that of the D7A class. These new ships are a landmark in Klingon ship technology, both incorporating the first binary trasnformer deflector shields ever used on Klingon warships.
- RSD 1/9608: Upon Captain Pike's recommendation, Talos IV is quarantined by the Federation. General Order 7 states that "any transgression ... shall be punishable by death," the only order ever to do so.
- RSD 1/9608: The Debacle at Giao is fought. The Defense of Rudgur III takes place, marking the first use of chlortheragen, a Klingon-manufactured nerve gas.
- RSD 1/9610: The Battle of Kesse occurs. A fast-moving Federation task force traveling within Klingon-held space catches a vital Klingon convoy by surprise. A number of escorts and freighters are destroyed, and a D-10 class cruiser is severely damaged.
- RSD 1/9610: The Aakenn class freighter is commissioned and put into service.
- RSD 1/9611: Klingon Admiral Kamato attempts a coup of the Klingon Imperial throne. He is defeated, but manages to escape into the Triangle with a large force.
Notes and References
- Theisen, John A. "The Four Years War." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2218A. Cover Art and Illustrations by Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Goldstein, Stan with Goldstein, Fred and Sternbach, Rick. Star Trek: Spaceflight Chronology. Wallaby Books, 1980.
- Wheeler, Wm. John with McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "Cadet's Orientation Sourcebook." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2004A, Second Edition. Cover Art by Rowena. Graphics and Layout by Dana Knutson and Jordan Weisman. FASA Corporation, 1983.
- McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "The Triangle." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2007. Cover Art by David Martin. Graphic Design by Jordan Weisman. Graphics, Layout, and Illustrations by Dana Knutson, Todd F. Marsh, Jane Bigos, and David J. Hutchins. FASA Corporation. 1985.