Reference Stardate 1/9701 through 1/9712
- RSD 1/9701: Star Fleet's Fenlon class monitor becomes operational, with more than 1200 manufactured. Ironically, this purely defensive, sublight-powered craft enters widespread service only after the Federation gains strategic control over invading Klingon forces.
- RSD 1/9702: The Attack on Zal Vhros occurs. This engagement shows increasing Klingon frustration in fighting the Four Years War.
- RSD 1/9702: Star Fleet Intelligence later learns the Klingon K-23 class escort enters service at this time. This vessel, of a non-Klingon configuration, is responsible for a period of extreme confusion among intelligence operatives.
- RSD 1/9702: New, improved phaser weapon systems are installed in front-line ships, including the Mark II version of the Anton class.
- RSD 1/9704: The Elek Engagement is fought. The Battle of Thranstor is fought, marking the deepest penetration by Klingon forces into Federation space. This intensely-fought battle ends with Federation forces, armed with the new phaser weapons, routing the Klingons, led by Admiral Kamato.
- RSD 1/9704: Star Fleet Intelligence later learns that the Klingon D-9B class research cruiser enters service at this time. It does not see combat during the Four Years War, and its purpose looses importance with the war's end.
- RSD 1/9705: The Battle of Sire Yopot is fought. Federation forces win a decisive victory in the Engagement for Argelian Approaches.
- RSD 1/9705 through 1/9808 (May 2197 through August 2198): Operation Blackbeard involves sending small scout ships into Romulan space to determine whether the Romulans are providing any assistance to the Klingon war effort. The operation is a success, but finds no evidence to suggest a secret Romulan-Klingon alliance.
- RSD 1/9707: The Battles of Sector 12-J, Rex Dacut, and Tirehe, and the Defense of Topax are fought.
- RSD 1/9709.01 (1 September): The Rigel Demilitarized Zone Commission, meeting at Starbase 27, decides the fate of the Orions after the war. Orion space is to be severely circumscribed and the activities of Orions outside of it brought into line with Federation law.
- RSD 1/9709.10 (10 September): The Imperial Klingon States are established by the renegade Klingon Admiral Kamato and his followers. Declaring itself the "true" Klingon government in exile, the IKS becomes a major source of intelligence against the Klingon Empire for the rest of the Four Years War. Only two planets are in the IKS at its formation: K'Linsann (formerly Patterson's Place) and Kinarra.
- RSD 1/97: Star Fleet's Chariot class cargo transport becomes operational, greatly increasing transportation efficiency by cutting costs and travel time while increasing payloads.
- RSD 1/9711: The Battles of Sector 23-D, Pen's, Oco, and Biwywb are fought.
- RSD 1/9711: After extensive research and development, Star Fleet's Engineering Command reports the photon torpedo is operational and ready for limited mass production.
- RSD 1/9712.06 (6 December): The U.S.S. Aramis intercepts a Klingon scout carrying Admiral Komex. Though claiming he is acting for the Klingon Empire's best interests, Komex voluntarily provides Star Fleet with information to end the war more quickly, including the location of two major Klingon supply bases in the disputed area.
- RSD 1/9712: Klingon Sector Intelligence conducts Operation Cassandra, to verify the information that Klingon Admiral Komex provided to Star Fleet officials concerning Klingon fleet strengths and locations. The operation is a complete success, and Komex's information proves accurate.
Notes and References
- Theisen, John A. "The Four Years War." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2218A. Cover Art and Illustrations by Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Menke, Bernard Edward and Stuart, Rick David. "The Federation." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2011. Cover Art by David R. Deitrick. Illustrations by Todd F. Marsh, John C. Tylk, Bob Eggleton, Daniel E. Carroll, and Jay Harris. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Brown, Forest G. "Federation Ship Recognition Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2302, 2nd ed. Cover Art by Dana Knutson. Illustrations by Dana Knutson and Robert Oswald. FASA Corporation, 1985.
- Theisen, John A. "Star Fleet Intelligence Manual: Agent's Orientation Sourcebook." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2014. Cover Art by David R. Deitrick. Illustrations by Dana Knutson, Todd F. Marsh, and Jeff Laubenstein. FASA Corporation. 1987.
- Rogan, Peter R. "The Orions: The Book of Common Knowledge." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2008. Cover Art by David R. Deitrick. Illustrations by Jane Bigos, Dana Knutson, Todd Marsh, and Jim Nelson. FASA Corporation. 1987.
- McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "The Triangle." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2007. Cover Art by David Martin. Graphic Design by Jordan Weisman. Graphics, Layout, and Illustrations by Dana Knutson, Todd F. Marsh, Jane Bigos, and David J. Hutchins. FASA Corporation. 1985.
- Goldstein, Stan with Goldstein, Fred and Sternbach, Rick. Star Trek: Spaceflight Chronology. Wallaby Books, 1980.