U.S.S. Ajax NCC-11574
The Apollo class Starship Ajax saw service in the 24th century. In the 2320s, the Ajax was commanded by Captain Narth; in 2327, Ensign Cortin Zweller was assigned to the Ajax after graduating from Starfleet Academy.
In 2364, the Ajax was one of several Federation starships selected to receive warp drive enhancements from engineering specialist Kosinski and his aide, the Traveler; the Ajax's chief engineer noted a rise in engine effieciency, though it was later revealed that the effect was due to the Traveler and had nothing to do with Kosinski's new warp equations.
The Ajax was one of 23 starships that formed part of a tachyon detection grid in 2368, when Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D established the network along the Klingon-Romulan border in order to expose the Romulans' involvement in the Klingon Civil War.
The following year, the Ajax performed a deep space exploration mission into Sector 21396.
Notes and References
- Okuda, Michael and Okuda, Denise. The Star Trek Encyclopedia, 2nd ed. Illustrations by Doug Drexler. Photo Editing by Margaret Clark. Research Consulting by Robert H. Justman, Greg Jein, and Bjo Trimble. Additional Research by Curt Danhauser and S.J. Casey Bernay. First Edition with Debbie Mirek. Pocket Books, December 1997.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer) & Berman, Rick & Hurley, Maurice (Co-Executive Producers). "Where No One Has Gone Before." Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 1, Episode 6. Directed by Rob Bowman. Written by Diane Duane & Michael Reaves. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 26 October 1987.
- "Section 31: Rogue." Star Trek: The Next Generation. Novel. June 2001. Pocket Books.
- "Tapestry." Star Trek: The Next Generation, Episode 241. Television. 15 February 1993.
- "Gauntlet." Star Trek: Stargazer. Novel. May 2002. Pocket Books.
- "Redemption, Part II." Star Trek: The Next Generation, Episode 201. Television. 23 September 1991.
- Star Trek: Captain's Chair. Game. 1996. Simon & Schuster Interactive.