Delta Vega (40 Eridani A IIIa)
|Affiliation:||United Federation of Planets|
|Natural Satellites:||Delta Vega is a moon of T'Khut|
|Points of Interest:||Outpost Hunter|
|Notable Species:||Drakoulias, Hengrauggi|
On Stardate 2258.42, James T. Kirk was left on the moon near Starfleet Outpost Hunter by Spock, the acting captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701. While on the surface, Kirk encountered both Lieutenant Commander Montgomery Scott, who was assigned to the station, and Spock (Prime), who had been marooned there by Nero.
- Although not explicitly stated to be located within the Vulcan system, the most likely location for the Delta Vega seen in the film Star Trek would be the previously-unnamed moon of Vulcan's sister world, T'Khut. Established to be close enough to loom large in the Vulcan sky in Star Trek: The Motion Picture, this moon is near enough to Vulcan to not only provide the view of that planet's destruction during the Battle of Vulcan (as witnessed by Spock (Prime)), but also for Spock (Kelvin) to leave Kirk without a significant detour. Additionally, the Enterprise's warp drive was damaged in the battle (the Enterprise warp nacelles collided with the wreckage of the U.S.S. Mayflower's saucer section, and the bridge viewscreen didn't show the warp distortion until well after Kirk was left at Delta Vega), making it impossible for the ship to have traveled out of the system in the first place.
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Film. Paramount Pictures, 7 December 1979.
- Star Trek. Film. Paramount Pictures, 8 May 2009.
- "Star Trek: Star Charts". Star Trek (Miscellaneous). Book. Simon & Schuster/Pocket Books, October 2002.
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Novelization). Novel. Simon & Schuster/Pocket Books, December 1979.
- Star Trek Motion Picture Adaptation, Chapter 5. Star Trek Motion Picture Adaptation, issue 5. Comic Book. IDW Publishing, August 2010.