- RSD 1/90: The U.S.S. Wells inexplicably travels through time as it returns from a three-year mission in only 33 days. Commodore Gregory Tree of Starbase 20, home base of the Wells, reported that
"Yesterday, the ship returned, limping in on impulse power, its warp engines badly damaged. ... The Captain reported to me ... that the Wells had been gone over three solar years. ... The Wells has somehow traveled back in time. And it nearly destroyed them. The Wells captain knows exactly when this time-jump happened. His ship was traveling through an empty sector when the ship sensors began picking up inexplicable starboard drag on the warp engines. ... His Science Officer reported that it was the local space-time geometry itself that was creating the effect. ... Investigating the phenomenon closer, the Wells approached the mysterious point, until the entire ship felt a violent wrenching. ... We discovered that this inexplicable wrenching sent them back in time several years."
- RSD 1/90: The Provider class warp tug is retired from service.
- RSD 1/90: The Romulan V-4 "Wing of Vengeance" class cruiser, J-3 "Starlifter" class freigher, and H-4 "Praetor" class warpshuttle enter service.
- RSD 1/90: Gregory Salamorn of Earth is elected president of the Federation Council.
- RSD 1/9001: After a 2-year shakedown cruise, the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 begins its first standard five-year mission under Captain Robert April.
- RSD 1/9001: Star Fleet Intelligence later learns that the Klingon K-30A "Luckless" class monitor enters service. A generally unsuccessful design, the class nevertheless sees considerable service during the Four Years War as a component of Klingon planetary defensive systems.
- RSD 1/9003: The Constitution class U.S.S. Yorktown NCC-1717 and the Larson class U.S.S. Gettysburg NCC-4324 are commissioned.
- RSD 1/9007: A study completed for the Federation Council's Office of Public Information reports that the new dilithium-powered starships will eventually permit a thorough exploration of all sectors within the Federation's sphere of influence. This finding supports Star Fleet's recent emphasis on its Galaxy Exploration Command.
- RSD 1/9009: Star Fleet Intelligence later learns that the Klingon T-3A "Mover" class assault ship and the W-2A "Koreba" class warpshuttle become operational. The T-3 class becomes the primary ground force transport used during the Four Years War.
- RSD 1/9009: The Larson class U.S.S. Shiloh NCC-4326 is commissioned.
- RSD 1/9010: Star Fleet's Loknar class frigate becomes operational with the commissioning of the U.S.S. Loknar NCC-2700, serving admirably throughout the Four Years War. A total of 218 are built.
- RSD 1/9010: The Cochrane class colonial transport becomes operational with the commissioning of the U.S.S. Cochrane, and more than 360 will be built. This lightly-armed vessel is used by Star Fleet Colonial Operations Command for emergency evacuations during the Four Years War.
- RSD 1/9011: The Larson class U.S.S. Gallipoli NCC-4327 and the Loknar class U.S.S. Ahkeil NCC-2701 are commissioned.
Notes and References
- Goldstein, Stan with Goldstein, Fred and Sternbach, Rick. Star Trek: Spaceflight Chronology. Wallaby Books, 1980.
- Menke, Bernard Edward and Stuart, Rick David. "The Federation." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2011. Cover Art by David R. Deitrick. Illustrations by Todd F. Marsh, John C. Tylk, Bob Eggleton, Daniel E. Carroll, and Jay Harris. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Brown, Forest G. and Wheeler, Wm. John. "Romulan Ship Recognition Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2303. Illustrations and Cover Art by Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1985.
- Wheeler, Wm. John with McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "Cadet's Orientation Sourcebook." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2004A, Second Edition. Cover Art by Rowena. Graphics and Layout by Dana Knutson and Jordan Weisman. FASA Corporation, 1983.
- Theisen, John A. "The Four Years War." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2218A. Cover Art and Illustrations by Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Brown, Forest G. "Federation Ship Recognition Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2302, 2nd ed. Cover Art by Dana Knutson. Illustrations by Dana Knutson and Robert Oswald. FASA Corporation, 1985.