Starfleet Command (Kelvin)
Following the incorporation of the United Federation of Planets by Earth, Alpha Centauri, Vulcan, Andoria, and Tellar Prime on 12 August 2161, Starfleet Command was formally established. To discourage the possible misuse of Starfleet forces, General Order Number One, aka the Prime Directive, was adopted as the most important regulation in Starfleet. In 2255, Captain Christopher Pike described Starfleet as "a humanitarian and peacekeeping armada."
Notes and References
- Berman, Rick & Braga, Brannon (Executive Producers) & Black, Chris (Co-Executive Producer). "Azati Prime." Star Trek: Enterprise, Season 3, Episode 18 (Production Number 70). Directed by Allan Kroeker. Story by Rick Berman & Brannon Braga and Manny Coto. Teleplay by Manny Coto. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 3 March 2004.
- Berman, Rick (Producer). Star Trek: Generations. Directed by David Carson. Story by Rick Berman & Ronald D. Moore & Brannon Braga. Screenplay by Ronald D. Moore & Brannon Braga. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 18 November 1994.
- Abrams, J.J. & Burk, Bryan & Kurtzman, Alex & Orci, Roberto (Producers). Star Trek Into Darkness. Directed by J.J. Abrams. Written by Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman & Damon Lindelof. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 16 May 2013.
- Abrams, J.J. & Lindelof, Damon (Producers). Star Trek. Directed by J.J. Abrams. Written by Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 8 May 2009.
- In the film Star Trek, Captain Pike says, "Do you know what the Federation is? It's a humanitarian and peacekeeping armada." This seems to be a misstatement on Pike's part, as this description better fits Starfleet. Additionally, the line did not appear in the script, and it was rewritten in the comic adaptation to apply that description to Starfleet.