United Earth Republic
Initially founded in 2099, based on the protocols developed decades earlier for international cooperation to construct the S.S. Conestoga by the Trade Council of Earth's chief minister, Davida Rossi, the United Earth Republic was born from a union of the United States of America and the European Hegemony in 2130, resulting in a structure that combined both the European parliamentary system and North American federalism. Although the pre-existing national governments continued to exist, they were, from that point forward, more akin to the state governments under the United States. The head of state of the United Earth was the office of the President of the United Earth Republic, while the head of the government was the Prime Minister. Australia, the last remaining independent country, joined the United Earth Republic in 2150.
Notes and References
- Goodman, David A. Federation: The First 150 Years. Titan Books, October 2013.
- Cambias, James, Dakan, Richard, Hannes, Jeff, Heckel, Harry, Hite, Kenneth A., Isaacs, Ross A., Johnson, Sam, Long, Steve, Moore, Christian, Prosperi, Lou, Schmid, Justin, Snead, John. Planets of the UFP. Star Trek: The Next Generation Roleplaying Game, Supplement 25102. Original Art by John Bridges, Joe Corroney, Andrew Currie, Mark Forrer, John Grigni, Pia Guerra, Steve Kurth, Terry Pallot. Last Unicorn Games, Inc., March 1999.
- "Articles of the Federation". Star Trek (Miscellaneous). Novel. Simon & Schuster/Pocket Books, June 2005.
- Berman, Rick & Braga, Brannon & Coto, Manny (Executive Producers). "Demons." Star Trek: Enterprise, Season 4, Episode 20. Directed by LeVar Burton. Written by Manny Coto. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 6 May 2005.
- Martin, Michael A. The Romulan War: Beneath the Raptor's Wing. Star Trek: Enterprise. Pocket Books, October 2009.
- Berman, Rick & Piller, Michael & Taylor, Jeri (Executive Producers). "Attached." Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7, Episode 8. Directed by Jonathan Frakes. Written by Nicholas Sagan. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 8 November 1993.
- Mangels, Andy and Martin, Michael A. The Good That Men Do. Star Trek: Enterprise. Pocket Books, February 2007.