Reference Stardate 1/9901 through 1/9912
- RSD 1/9901: The Constitution class Mark II specifications are introduced, upgrading all vessels of the class with FH-3 phasers, photon torpedoes, and more powerful shields. Crew capacity is more than doubled, from 203 on Mark I vessels to 435.
- RSD 1/9901 through 1/9905 (January through May 2199): Star Fleet, no longer requiring the services of many older starships, decommissions or destroys large numbers of cruisers, destroyers, and scouts. All Constitution, Loknar, Larson, and Nelson class starships, refitted with phasers and photon torpedoes, continue to serve as the Federation's first line of defense.
- RSD 1/9903: General Order Number One is specifically suspended for Axanar, and the planet is established as a Federation protectorate for sociological study. Based on the anticipated success of the Axanar Culture Mission, the government of Axanar has the right to petition for full membership to the Federation on Reference Stardate 2/4903.
- RSD 1/9903: The Klingon Empire begins construction of a naval installation in its newly-acquired territory. This base, at Mastocal, is completed less than three years later.
- RSD 1/9905: A full-scale research project under the Office of Star Fleet Research and Exploration confirms the underlying accuracy of the transwarp theory, later leading to the transwarp drive. A large-scale extra-galactic probe design study is completed, based on these transwarp theories. The Zone of Transport Escort is lifted, with all private and commercial starships allowed to return to normal operations.
Notes and References
- Brown, Forest G. "Federation Ship Recognition Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2302, 2nd ed. Cover Art by Dana Knutson. Illustrations by Dana Knutson and Robert Oswald. FASA Corporation, 1985.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "The Cage." Star Trek, Season 0, Episode 0. Directed by Robert Butler. Written by Gene Roddenberry. Desilu Productions, 1965 (Released 1986).
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "Charlie X." Star Trek, Season 1, Episode 7. Directed by Lawrence Dobkin. Story by Gene Roddenberry. Teleplay by D.C. Fontana. Desilu Production, 15 September 1966.
- Theisen, John A. "The Four Years War." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2218A. Cover Art and Illustrations by Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Goldstein, Stan with Goldstein, Fred and Sternbach, Rick. Star Trek: Spaceflight Chronology. Wallaby Books, 1980.