|Official Name||Lunar Colonies|
|Affiliation||United Earth Republic, United Federation of Planets|
|Astrography||Sol IIIa, Sol Sector (Sector 001), Alpha Quadrant|
|Distance from Primary||1 AU (149,680,000km)|
|Distance from Planet||384,500km|
|Orbital Period||27.3 days|
|Rotational Period||27.3 days|
|Surface Temperature||-155°C to 105°C|
|Natural Satellites||Luna is the sole moon of Earth|
|Points of Interest||Tycho City, New Berlin, Lake Armstrong, Lunaport|
|Notable Events||Apollo 11 landing|
Founded in 2039, the Lunar Colonies were home to more than 50 million people in the late 24th century. Light from lunar cities was visible from space and, on a clear day, the surface of Earth. In 2254, the Talosians downloaded the information in the Starship Enterprise's computers, including data on the Moon and Human exploration of the world.
Notes and References
- Mandel, Geoffrey. Star Trek: Star Charts. Pocket Books, 2002.
- Berman, Rick & Braga, Brannon (Executive Producers). "Broken Bow." Enterprise, Season 1, Episodes 1-2. Directed by James Conway. Written by Rick Berman & Brannon Braga. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 26 September 2001.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "The Cage." Star Trek, Season 0, Episode 0. Directed by Robert Butler. Written by Gene Roddenberry. Desilu Productions, 1965 (Released 1986).
- Roddenberry, Gene & Berman, Rick & Piller, Michael (Executive Producers). "The Best of Both Worlds, Part II." Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 4, Episode 1. Directed by Cliff Bole. Written by Michael Piller. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 24 September 1990.
- Berman, Rick (Producer). Star Trek: First Contact. Directed by Jonathan Frakes. Story by Rick Berman & Brannon Braga & Ronald D. Moore. Screenplay by Brannon Braga & Ronald D. Moore. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 22 November 1996.
- "Descent". Star Trek: The Next Generation, episode 252. Television. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 21 June 1993.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "Tomorrow is Yesterday." Star Trek, Season 1, Episode 21. Directed by Michael O'Herlihy. Written by D.C. Fontana. Desilu Productions, 26 January 1967.
- Fuller, Bryan & Roddenberry, Eugene & Roth, Trevor & Goldsman, Akiva & Kadin, Heather & Berg, Gretchen J. & Harberts, Aaron & Kurtzman, Alex (Executive Producers). "Will You Take My Hand?." Star Trek: Discovery, Episode 15. Directed by Akiva Goldsman. Story by Akiva Goldsman & Gretchen J. Berg & Aaron Harberts. Teleplay by Gretchen J. Berg & Aaron Harberts. CBS Entertainment, 11 February 2018.