Reference Stardate 1/8801 through 1/8812
- RSD 1/8801: Star Fleet's Larson class destroyer becomes operational with the commissioning of the U.S.S. Larson NCC-4300 and the U.S.S. Midway NCC-4301. Nearly 200 will be built, and the Larson class serves as a major combatant vessel throughout the Four Years War. Peacetime production averaged 10 per year.
- RSD 1/8801.04 (4 January): Star Fleet's Constitution class heavy cruiser becomes operational with the commissioning of the U.S.S. Constitution NCC-1700. It is the largest, most powerful series ever built, and Star Fleet allocates funds for 13 construction contracts. It will be the Federation's major series into the 23rd century.
- RSD 1/8802: The U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 is commissioned, under the command of Captain Robert April. During the ship's initial shakedown, which ends at Starbase 4, Captain April is joined by Chief Engineer Charles Fourrier Communications Officer Karen van Fleet, Helmsman Luis Ferarra, Science Officer Gregor Allinsky, and Chief Medical Officer Sarah April.
- RSD 1/8802: The Larson class U.S.S. Coral Sea NCC-4302 is commissioned.
- RSD 1/8803: The Constitution class U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1017 and the Larson class U.S.S. Tannenberg NCC-4303 and U.S.S. Trafalgar NCC-4304 are commissioned.
- RSD 1/8804: Star Fleet's Nelson class scout becomes operational with the commissioning of the U.S.S. Nelson and proves to possess an exceptional design. More than 400 will be built, and peacetime production of the class averages 18 per year.
- RSD 1/8804: The Constitution class U.S.S. Intrepid NCC-1631 and the Larson class U.S.S. Thelenth NCC-4305 are commissioned.
- RSD 1/8805: The Klingon D-16A "Swiftwind" class destroyer enters service, seeing action during the Four Years War as the Klingon Imperial Navy's primary destroyer class.
- RSD 1/8805: The Constitution class U.S.S. Republic NCC-1373 is commissioned.
- RSD 1/8805: Upon graduation with honors from Star Fleet Academy, Ensign Bram Harmonson is assigned to the U.S.S. Washington. He is awarded the Star Fleet Citation of Merit for actions during his first tour of duty.
- RSD 1/8806:' The Liberty class freighter enters service with the commissioning of the U.S.S. Liberty. The ship proves to be the cargo workhorse for the Federation during the Four Years War.
- RSD 1/8806: The Constitution class U.S.S. Farragut NCC-1647 and the Larson class U.S.S. Waterloo NCC-4306 are commissioned.
- RSD 1/8807: The Larson class U.S.S. Borodino NCC-4307, U.S.S. Austerlitz NCC-4308, and U.S.S. Normandy NCC-4309 are commissioned.
- RSD 1/8808: The Klingon K-17A "Death Stalker" class scout enters service, often used along the Federation border prior to the Four Years War. This ship, and the later B variant, serve as the Empire's primary scout vessel during the war.
- RSD 1/8810: The Larson class U.S.S. Marathon NCC-4310, U.S.S. Pharsalus NCC-4311, and U.S.S. Cre'cy NCC-4312 are commissioned.
- RSD 1/8812: The Kepler class, a variant of Star Fleet's Ptolemy class transport, becomes operational with the commissioning of the U.S.S. Kepler NCC-3816. A total of 15 Kepler class vessels will be built.
Notes and References
- Theisen, John A. "The Four Years War." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2218A. Cover Art and Illustrations by Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Goldstein, Stan with Goldstein, Fred and Sternbach, Rick. Star Trek: Spaceflight Chronology. Wallaby Books, 1980.
- Wheeler, Wm. John with McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "Cadet's Orientation Sourcebook." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2004A, Second Edition. Cover Art by Rowena. Graphics and Layout by Dana Knutson and Jordan Weisman. FASA Corporation, 1983.
- Pardoe, Blaine L. "The Strider Incident." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2226. Cover Art by David R. Deitrick. Illustrations by Bob Eggleton, Dana Knutson, Jeff Laubenstein, and Todd F. Marsh. FASA Corporation. 1987.