K-Type Star (STSC)
|Affiliation||United Federation of Planets|
The star Aldebaran was a K-Type star located 68 light-years from the Sol system, where it was named and sighted as one of the brightest in the night sky by Earth's ancient inhabitants. Aldebaran was also known by its old Earth Bayer classification of Alpha Tauri. It had at least five planets, one of which was home to the Aldebaran Music Academy, as well as the Aldebaran Colony and planet Aldebaran III. Doctor Elizabeth Dehner joined the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 from the Aldebaran Colony.
Notes and References
- Mandel, Geoffrey. Star Trek: Star Charts. Pocket Books, 2002.
- "Shadowplay." Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Episode 436. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 21 February 1994.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "The Deadly Years." Star Trek, Season 2, Episode 11. Directed by Joseph Pevney. Written by David P. Harmon. Desilu Productions, 8 December 1967.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "Where No Man Has Gone Before." Star Trek, Season 1, Episode 1. Directed by James Goldstone. Written by Samuel A. Peeples. Desilu Productions, 22 September 1966.
- Berman, Rick & Piller, Michael & Behr, Ira Steven (Executive Producers). "Past Tense, Part One." Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Season 3, Episode 11. Directed by Rea Badiyi. Story by Ira Steven Behr and Robert Hewitt Wolfe. Teleplay by Robert Hewitt Wolfe. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 2 January 1995.