|Starfleet Serial Number||SA-476-2549-CM|
|Portrayed by||Faran Tahir|
Born in La Grande, Cuba, Richard Robau was the captain of the U.S.S. Kelvin NCC-0514 in the early twenty-third century, and his first officer was Starfleet Ranks#Lieutenant Commander George Kirk.
On Stardate 2233.04, the Romulan ship Narada emerged from a rift in spacetime that had transported it 154 years into its past. The Narada immediately attacked the Kelvin, pausing only to allow Captain Robau to travel over to the more advanced ship via shuttlecraft. The Romulans pressed him for information, but when it became clear that they had traveled through time, their captain, Nero, killed Robau and resumed the attack.
Notes and References
- Intel "Boldly Go" Web Site. Official web site. Intel Corporation and Paramount Pictures Corporation, November 2008. [External link no longer available] 8of5 Archives: Intel: To Boldly Go
- Abrams, J.J. & Lindelof, Damon (Producers). Star Trek. Directed by J.J. Abrams. Written by Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 8 May 2009.
- Star Trek Motion Picture Adaptation, Chapter 1. Star Trek. Comic Book. IDW Publishing, March 2010.
- The character was named "Pierre Robau" in the novelization of Star Trek, but the film gives his first initial as "R," and the "Boldly Go" web site and comic adaptation both refer to him as Richard.
- "Star Trek" (Novelization). Star Trek. Novel. Simon & Schuster/Pocket Books, May 2009.