Reference Stardate 1/9501 through 1/9512
- RSD 1/95: Starbase 25 begins operations in the hundredth year of these command centers.
- RSD 1/95: Alohk Ixan of Deneva is elected president of the Federation Council.
- RSD 1/9501: Captain Robert April retires from Star Fleet after quietly speaking out against certain Federation policies. He continues to serve as an ambassador-at-large.
- RSD 1/9501: Cloaking devices, much perfected by this time, are installed on Romulan vessels operating on the United Federation of Planets border. Smaller vessels are equipped first and sent into Federation territory to learn what they can of Federation forces and their disposition. Instructed not to let the Federation discover they are Romulan vessels, they are given orders to self-destruct if caught. These privateers capture or destroy many Federation merchants and scouts. The Federation is unaware of the true nature of the disappearances for many years, and attributes the dramatic increase in the frequency of piracy and ship disappearances to Orion privateers and small Klingon task groups conducting raids.
- RSD 1/9501: The convoy raid near Xamdab II takes place.
- RSD 1/9501: The Klingon G-8A class cargo freighter enters service, replacing the obsolete G-4 class transport. This ship will supply Klingon ground forces and forward installations throughout the Four Years War.
- RSD 1/9501: Star Fleet's Hale class scout is retired from service after performing unsatisfactorily in combat. Bode class scouts are re-equipped with more powerful warp engines to continue service as a stop-gap measure.
- RSD 1/9502.10 (10 February): A Federation-operated, automated, zone-intrusion detection satellite briefly tracks the presence of a Romulan CS-2 Graceful Flyer class scout in the Romulan Neutral Zone. This observation greatly increases Star Fleet Command's concern regarding the possibility of Romulan intervention in the Four Years War. To the Federation's pleasant surprise, the Romulan Star Empire never actively participates in open hostilities during the conflict. Over the next several months, many Federation ships on Romulan Neutral Zone patrol duty are gradually removed to fight against the Klingon fleets.
- RSD 1/9503.21 (21 March): The Affiliation of Outer Free Worlds is founded with agreements signed on Baker's World. The union is formed with an eye toward protecting the independence of the signatory worlds from both the Klingon Empire and the United Federation of Planets.
- RSD 1/9504: The Battle of Lyclydun is fought. Janni IV is invaded by Klingon forces.
- RSD 1/9504: The Laxala Incident occurs: a Klingon task force intercepts an Orion merchant ship carrying dilithium to the Federation world of Alphosa, and the Orion captain destroys his own ship.
- RSD 1/9505: As a result of the Laxala Incident, the Botchok Planetary Congress and the Orion Frontier Merchants Association issue the Sacred Cargoes Act, threatening to destroy all dilithium deposits on Rigel XII if any further dilithium cargo convoys are attacked by either side in the Four Years War. Both sides comply, and the Orions profit greatly by this, saving their worlds and their economies from collapse, as does the Federation, badly in need of dilithium and other scarce war materiel.
- RSD 1/9505: The Battle of GR-1 and the Assault of Nozseca VIII are fought. Both end in Federation defeat.
- RSD 1/9507: The Attack of Convoy Y-16Z near Rebonet is fought. This is the first significant Federation fleet victory.
- RSD 1/9509: Star Fleet's Achenar and Tikopai classes — variants of the Constitution class cruiser — become operational. Very successful designs, 68 Achenar and 44 Tikopai class vessels will be built, and each class will see extensive combat. Unfortunately, almost all of these ships that survive the war are destroyed in weapons tests as a result of cost-cutting measures and Star Fleet's postwar demilitarization.
- RSD 1/9509.07 (7 September): As a result of numerous ship disappearances, Star Fleet Command orders the Zone of Transport Escort for a large region of Federation space. This order restricts movement of private and commercial starships, requires naval escort for vessels traveling in the restricted area, and places armed marines aboard all escorted ships. These new regulations remain in effect until after the war. The zone order significantly reduces the frequency of pirating attempts and unexplained starship disappearances.
- RSD 1/9511: The Nostveg I Engagement is fought, and the Klingons suffer a strategic defeat. The Landover tragedy takes place prior to the Battle of Joia V.
Notes and References
- Goldstein, Stan with Goldstein, Fred and Sternbach, Rick. Star Trek: Spaceflight Chronology. Wallaby Books, 1980.
- Menke, Bernard Edward and Stuart, Rick David. "The Federation." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2011. Cover Art by David R. Deitrick. Illustrations by Todd F. Marsh, John C. Tylk, Bob Eggleton, Daniel E. Carroll, and Jay Harris. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Wheeler, Wm. John with McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "Cadet's Orientation Sourcebook." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2004A, Second Edition. Cover Art by Rowena. Graphics and Layout by Dana Knutson and Jordan Weisman. FASA Corporation, 1983.
- Theisen, John A. "The Four Years War." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2218A. Cover Art and Illustrations by Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Tepool, David F., McLimore, Guy W. Jr., and Poehlein, Greg K.] "The Romulan Way: Game Operations Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2005B. Graphics and Layout by Dana Knutson, Todd Marsh, and Jordan Weisman. Illustrations by Norman Miller, Dana Knutson, and Todd Marsh. FASA Corporation. 1984.
- Theisen, John A. "Star Fleet Intelligence Manual: Agent's Orientation Sourcebook." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2014. Cover Art by David R. Deitrick. Illustrations by Dana Knutson, Todd F. Marsh, and Jeff Laubenstein. FASA Corporation. 1987.
- McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "The Triangle." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2007. Cover Art by David Martin. Graphic Design by Jordan Weisman. Graphics, Layout, and Illustrations by Dana Knutson, Todd F. Marsh, Jane Bigos, and David J. Hutchins. FASA Corporation. 1985.
- Rogan, Peter R. "The Orions: The Book of Common Knowledge." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2008. Cover Art by David R. Deitrick. Illustrations by Jane Bigos, Dana Knutson, Todd Marsh, and Jim Nelson. FASA Corporation. 1987.
- Rogan, Peter R. "The Orions: The Book of Deep Knowledge." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2008. Cover Art by David R. Deitrick. Illustrations by Jane Bigos, Dana Knutson, Todd Marsh, and Jim Nelson. FASA Corporation. 1987.