U.S.S. Hood NCC-1703 (FASA)
|Status||Scrapped RSD 2/1202|
The Federation Starship Hood, a Constitution class cruiser was authorized by the Star Fleet Appropriation of Stardate 0965 and commissioned on Reference Stardate 1/9307 (July 2193), and on Reference Stardate 2/0402 (February 2204) was refit to Mark III specifications. Montgomery Scott served aboard the Hood as Assistant Chief Engineer, following his promotion to Lieutenant. On Stardate 4729.4, the Hood participated in the disastrous tests of the M-5 multitronic computer.
On Stardate 7636.2 (Reference Stardate 2/1101, January 2211) the Hood, commanded by Captain Hugo Revere, was ordered to investigate an interphase rift between two rotating neutron stars near Tholian space, to determine its potential use as a weapon. By Stardate 7662.4 (Reference Stardate 2/1104, April 2211), the Hood had been pulled into interphase. The data the ship had collected was recovered by the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701, but the ship and crew were lost.
The Hood was recovered, however, on Reference Stardate 2/1201 (January 2212) by the U.S.S. Cre'cy NCC-4312. Shortly after returning to service, the Hood was escorting a group of merchantmen to Starbase 12 when the convoy was attacked by a Klingon D-7M K't'inga class cruiser. Afterward, the Hood was scrapped.
Ships Named Hood
U.S.S. Hood (Unknown class)
Constitution class vessels
MK-IX Constitution class Mk I (2188-2193)
U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1017 • U.S.S. Constitution NCC-1700 • U.S.S. Defiant NCC-1764 • U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 • U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-1664 • U.S.S. Exeter NCC-1672 • U.S.S. Farragut NCC-1647 • U.S.S. Hood NCC-1703 • U.S.S. Intrepid NCC-1631 • U.S.S. Lexington NCC-1709 • U.S.S. Potemkin NCC-1702 • U.S.S. Republic NCC-1373 • U.S.S. Yorktown NCC-1717
Constitution class Mk II (2202)
U.S.S. Bismarck NCC-1704 • U.S.S. Challenger NCC-1715 • U.S.S. El Dorado NCC-1724 • U.S.S. Essex NCC-1719 • U.S.S. Kent NCC-1725 • U.S.S. Kongo NCC-1710 • U.S.S. Saratoga NCC-1720 • U.S.S. Valiant NCC-1718 • U.S.S. Yamato NCC-1705
Constitution class Mk III (2212)
U.S.S. Akagi NCC-1779 • U.S.S. Ark Royal NCC-1791 • U.S.S. Bonhomme Richard NCC-1776 • U.S.S. Chikuma NCC-1759 • U.S.S. Discovery NCC-1798 • U.S.S. Eagle NCC-1738 • U.S.S. Endeavor NCC-1777 • U.S.S. Forrestal NCC-1751 • U.S.S. Hornet NCC-1778 • U.S.S. Kaga NCC-1780 • U.S.S. Kitty Hawk NCC-1754 • U.S.S. Langley NCC-1749 • U.S.S. Littorio NCC-1727 • U.S.S. Marseille NCC-1744 • U.S.S. Radetsky NCC-1792 • U.S.S. Richelieu NCC-1750 • U.S.S. Rivoli NCC-1765 • U.S.S. Santissma Trinidad NCC-1742 • U.S.S. Ticonderoga NCC-1736 • U.S.S. Victory NCC-1760
Enterprise class Mk I (2217)
U.S.S. Akagi II NCC-1779 • U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1706 • U.S.S. Defiant II NCC-1764 • U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-1711 • U.S.S. Exeter NCC-1712 • U.S.S. Farragut NCC-1708 • U.S.S. Forrestal II NCC-1751 • U.S.S. Hancock NCC-1735 • U.S.S. Hood II NCC-1703 • U.S.S. Intrepid NCC-1707 • U.S.S. Lexington II NCC-1709 • U.S.S. Minsk NCC-1752 • U.S.S. Oriskany NCC-1733 • U.S.S. Potemkin II NCC-1702 • U.S.S. Republic NCC-1753 • U.S.S. Rivoli II NCC-1765 • U.S.S. Valley Forge NCC-1732 • U.S.S. Wasp NCC-1734 • U.S.S. Yorktown II NCC-1717
Enterprise class Mk II (2219)
U.S.S. Clemenceau NCC-1784 • U.S.S. Eagle II NCC-1738 • U.S.S. Franklin NCC-1743 • U.S.S. Freidland NCC-1781 • U.S.S. King George V NCC-1740 • U.S.S. Gneisenau NCC-1773 • U.S.S. Hiryu NCC-1731 • U.S.S. Kaga II NCC-1780 • U.S.S. Kirishima NCC-1775 • U.S.S. Konigsburg NCC-1782 • U.S.S. Prince of Wales NCC-1741 • U.S.S. Radetsky II NCC-1792 • U.S.S. Scharnhorst NCC-1772 • U.S.S. Soryu NCC-1730 • U.S.S. Victory II NCC-1760 • U.S.S. Zuiho NCC-1716
Enterprise class Mk III (2221)
U.S.S. Bunker Hill NCC-1745 • U.S.S. Chikuma II NCC-1759 • U.S.S. El Dorado II NCC-1724 • U.S.S. Emperador NCC-1774 • U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-A • U.S.S. Fontana NCC-1793 • U.S.S. Java NCC-1794 • U.S.S. Kearsarge NCC-1721 • U.S.S. Kitty Hawk II NCC-1754 • U.S.S. Kongo II NCC-1710 • U.S.S. Marcello NCC-1785 • U.S.S. Ticonderoga II NCC-1736 • U.S.S. Ukrania NCC-1783
Notes and References
- The registry given in "The Federation Ship Recognition Manual," NCC-1703, conflicts with that given in "The Star Fleet Technical Manual," NCC-1707; the "Technical Manual" registry was disregarded in favor of the "Recognition Manual" registry.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "The Ultimate Computer." Star Trek, Season 2, Episode 24. Directed by John Meredyth Lucas. Story by Laurence N. Wolfe. Teleplay by D.C. Fontana. Desilu Productions, 8 March 1968.
- Joseph, Franz. Star Trek: Star Fleet Technical Manual. Ballantine Books, November 1975.
- Brown, Forest G. "Federation Ship Recognition Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2302, 2nd ed. Cover Art by Dana Knutson. Illustrations by Dana Knutson and Robert Oswald. FASA Corporation, 1985.
- Rotsler, William. Star Trek II Biographies. Wanderer Books, December 1982.
- McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "Adventure Book." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2001B. Illustrations and Drawings by Mitch O'Connell and Jordan Weisman. FASA Corporation, 1983.
- Barton, William A., Gallagher, Tara J., Hess, Clare W. III, Huettel, Todd W., Kemper, Dale L., Menke, Bernard Edward, Pardoe, Blaine L., Peterson, Boy F., Rogan, Peter R., Stein, Kevin, Stuart, Rick David, and Theisen, John A. "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home Sourcebook Update." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2224. Cover Art by Dana Knutson. Illustrations by Todd F. Marsh, Jeff Laubenstein, and Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Wheeler, Wm. John with Brown, Forest G. Star Trek: Tactical Starship Simulator: "The Big Bad Wolf." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2003A. Cover Art by Mitch O'Connell. Illustrations by Dana Knutson, Todd F. Marsh, and Mitch O'Connell. FASA Corporation, 1986.
- Conflicting information was given in the FASA game materials regarding the fate of the Hood. The "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home Sourcebook Update" established that the Cre'cy recovered the Hood after its reappearance from interphase, but noted that the ship was scrapped; the Constitution class listings in the Federation Ship Recognition Manual reflected this. However, "The Big Bad Wolf," an adventure in the Starship Tactical Combat Simulator, contradicted this with a pre-refit Hood engaging a K't'inga class ship at a later date. This conflict has been resolved as seen in the text above.