U.S.S. Eagle NCC-956
|Class||Constitution (Bonhomme Richard subclass)|
RSD 2/0405 (May 2204)
|Status||Destroyed RSD 2/4707 (Jul 2310)|
Scrapped RSD 2/2006 (Jun 2220)
Construction on the Federation Starship Eagle, a Constitution class cruiser, was authorized by the Starfleet Appropriation of Stardate 3220. The Eagle was constructed to the Bonhomme Richard subclass specifications, and commissioned in 2247. On Reference Stardate 2/0405 (May 2262), the Eagle was refit to Mark III specifications. Prior to 2263, Commander James T. Kirk served as first officer aboard the Eagle under Captain Botwin.
Although largely crewed by Humans at first, the Eagle would later host an all-Andorian crew under Captain Igrilan Kor, and the Eagle was the most decorated Starfleet vessel of its time. In 2275, the Eagle made first contact with the enigmatic Breen. Captain Kor beamed over to the Breen ship and, although language barriers impeded productive diplomatic negotiations, reported that the Breen were a peaceful, if somewhat withdrawn, species. This contributed a great deal to future confusion over the Breen's attitude when they, apparently inexplicably, became hostile.
The Eagle was upgraded to Enterprise subclass Mark II specifications on Reference Stardate 2/2108 (August 2284), then to Mark III on Reference Stardate 2/2411 (November 2287). In 2293, the Eagle, while on a colony resupply mission, was included in plans for Operation Retrieve, a proposed rescue operation of Captain Kirk and Dr. McCoy from Klingon hands. The Eagle was refit to Mark IV on Reference Stardate 2/3303 (March 2296). On Reference Stardate 2/4707 (July 2310), the Eagle was destroyed.
Construction on the Federation Starship Eagle, a Constitution class cruiser, was authorized by the Starfleet Appropriation of Stardate 3220. The Eagle was constructed to Mark III specifications on Reference Stardate 2/0405 (May 2204). The Eagle was scrapped on Reference Stardate 2/2006 (June 2220).
Ships Named Eagle
Constitution class vessels
Constitution class Mk I (2245)
U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1017 | U.S.S. Constitution NCC-1700 | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 | U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-1664 | U.S.S. Exeter NCC-1672 | U.S.S. Farragut NCC-1647 | U.S.S. Hood NCC-1703 | U.S.S. Intrepid NCC-1631 | U.S.S. Lexington NCC-1709 | U.S.S. Potemkin NCC-1657 | U.S.S. Republic NCC-1371 | U.S.S. Yorktown NCC-1717
Bonhomme Richard subclass (c.2250)
U.S.S. Ari NCC-1723 | U.S.S. Bonhomme Richard NCC-1712 | U.S.S. Defiant NCC-1764 | U.S.S. Eagle NCC-956 | U.S.S. El Dorado NCC-1722 | U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-1895 | U.S.S. Essex NCC-1727 | U.S.S. Excelsior NCC-1718 | U.S.S. Graf Zeppelin NCC-1726 | U.S.S. Hornet NCC-1714 | U.S.S. Kent NCC-1725 | U.S.S. Lafayette NCC-1720 | U.S.S. Merrimac NCC-1715 | U.S.S. Monitor NCC-1713 | U.S.S. Saratoga NCC-1724 | U.S.S. Valiant NCC-1731 | U.S.S. Wasp NCC-1721
Achernar subclass (2252)
U.S.S. Achernar NCC-1732 | U.S.S. Ahzdar NCC-1790 | U.S.S. Akagi NCC-1779 | U.S.S. Alam'ak NCC-1796 | U.S.S. Androcus NCC-1738 | U.S.S. Ark Royal NCC-1791 | U.S.S. Astrad NCC-1739 | U.S.S. Behr'ak NCC-1797 | U.S.S. Bunker Hill NCC-1745 | U.S.S. Caspan NCC-1753 | U.S.S. Chikuma NCC-1759 | U.S.S. Clemenceau NCC-1784 | U.S.S. Discovery NCC-1798 | U.S.S. Ekinus NCC-1771 | U.S.S. Emperador NCC-1774 | U.S.S. Eskiis NCC-1789 | U.S.S. Fontana NCC-1793 | U.S.S. Forrestal NCC-1751 | U.S.S. Franklin NCC-1743 | U.S.S. Friedland NCC-1781 | U.S.S. Ghar NCC-1786 | U.S.S. Gniesenau NCC-1773 | U.S.S. Hancock NCC-1735 | U.S.S. Horok NCC-1748 | U.S.S. Java NCC-1794 | U.S.S. Jupiter NCC-1734 | U.S.S. Kaga NCC-1780 | U.S.S. Kars NCC-1769 | U.S.S. Kep Salu NCC-1767 | U.S.S. Kestral NCC-1766 | U.S.S. Ketoi NCC-1768 | U.S.S. King George V NCC-1740 | U.S.S. Kirishima NCC-1775 | U.S.S. Kitty Hawk NCC-1754 | U.S.S. Konigsburg NCC-1782 | U.S.S. Langley NCC-1749 | U.S.S. Marcello NCC-1785 | U.S.S. Mazda NCC-1778 | U.S.S. Minsk NCC-1752 | U.S.S. Mirazh NCC-1788 | U.S.S. Ndele NCC-1758 | U.S.S. Oomaru NCC-1761 | U.S.S. Oriskany NCC-1733 | U.S.S. Paegan NCC-1755 | U.S.S. Pari NCC-1787 | U.S.S. Phardos NCC-1757 | U.S.S. Pilar NCC-1746 | U.S.S. Prince of Wales NCC-1741 | U.S.S. Procyon NCC-1756 | U.S.S. Proxima NCC-1737 | U.S.S. Qual'at NCC-1700 | U.S.S. Radetsky NCC-1792 | U.S.S. Richelieu NCC-1750 | U.S.S. Rivoli NCC-1765 | U.S.S. Santissma Trinidad NCC-1742 | U.S.S. Scharnhorst NCC-1772 | U.S.S. Shaandra NCC-1795 | U.S.S. Sinuiji NCC-1770 | U.S.S. Sirius NCC-1744 | U.S.S. Temir NCC-1763 | U.S.S. Tholus NCC-1747 | U.S.S. Ticonderoga NCC-1736 | U.S.S. Tulan NCC-1777 | U.S.S. Tutakai NCC-1799 | U.S.S. Ukrania NCC-1783 | U.S.S. Victory NCC-1760 | U.S.S. Yaan NCC-1762
Tikopai subclass (2252)
U.S.S. Acrux NCC-1818 | U.S.S. Adhara NCC-1827 | U.S.S. Agena NCC-1816 | U.S.S. Aldebaran NCC-1812 | U.S.S. Alioth NCC-1828 | U.S.S. Alkaid NCC-1829 | U.S.S. Alnilam NCC-1830 | U.S.S. Altair NCC-1803 | U.S.S. Anak NCC-1821 | U.S.S. Antares NCC-1820 | U.S.S. Arcturus NCC-1807 | U.S.S. Arided NCC-1831 | U.S.S. Bellatrix NCC-1832 | U.S.S. Betelgeuse NCC-1822 | U.S.S. Binar NCC-1819 | U.S.S. Canopus NCC-1814 | U.S.S. Capella NCC-1809 | U.S.S. Castor NCC-1833 | U.S.S. Darion NCC-1810 | U.S.S. Deneb NCC-1826 | U.S.S. Dubhe NCC-1834 | U.S.S. El Nath NCC-1835 | U.S.S. Fomalhaut NCC-1804 | U.S.S. Helios NCC-1825 | U.S.S. Hor NCC-1813 | U.S.S. K'Hotan NCC-1802 | U.S.S. K'Ushui NCC-1801 | U.S.S. Lux NCC-1823 | U.S.S. Miaplacidas NCC-1836 | U.S.S. Mirfak NCC-1837 | U.S.S. Murzim NCC-1838 | U.S.S. Nakarat NCC-1805 | U.S.S. Polaris NCC-1839 | U.S.S. Pollux NCC-1808 | U.S.S. Regulus NCC-1840 | U.S.S. Rigel NCC-1824 | U.S.S. Sardar NCC-1811 | U.S.S. Shaula NCC-1841 | U.S.S. Spica NCC-1815 | U.S.S. Tikopai NCC-1800 | U.S.S. Vega NCC-1806 | U.S.S. Vena NCC-1817 | U.S.S. Wezen NCC-1842 | U.S.S. Xanthii NCC-1843
Constitution class Mk II (2257)
Constitution class Mk III (2262)
Enterprise subclass Mk I (2273)
U.S.S. Akagi | U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1728 | U.S.S. Defiant | U.S.S. Excalibur | U.S.S. Exeter NCC-1706 | U.S.S. Farragut NCC-1729 | U.S.S. Forrestal | U.S.S. Hood | U.S.S. Potemkin | U.S.S. Republic | U.S.S. Rivoli | U.S.S. Valley Forge | U.S.S. Yorktown
Enterprise subclass Mk II (2280)
Enterprise subclass Mk III (2284)
Notes and References
- The "Star Fleet Technical Manual" lists the Eagle's registry number as NCC-1719, while the "Federation Ship Recognition Manual" and "Star Trek: The Next Generation Officer's Manual" list the Eagle's registry number as NCC-1738. Further, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country lists the Eagle's registry as NCC-956. The registries that contradict the film, as well as contradictory data on the ship's disposition, must be ignored in favor of later information. Accordingly, the information for the U.S.S. Eagle NCC-1738 and the U.S.S. Eagle II NCC-1738 from the FASA supplements has been merged into a single entry.
- Steven-Charles Jaffe & Ralph Winter (Producers). Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Directed by Nicholas Meyer. Story by Leonard Nimoy and Lawrence Konner & Mark Rosenthal. Screenplay by Nicholas Meyer & Denny Martin Flinn. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 6 December 1991.
- Joseph, Franz. Star Trek: Star Fleet Technical Manual. Ballantine Books, November 1975.
- Isaacs, Ross A. (Line Developer). "Narrator's Guide." Star Trek Roleplaying Game, Book 2. Written by Colville, Matthew, Hite, Kenneth, Isaacs, Ross A., Long, Steven S., Mappin, Don, Moore, Christian, and Seyler, Owen. Edited by Ross A. Isaacs. Starship Graphics by David Pipgras. [[Decipher, Inc.], 2002.
- Brown, Forest G. "Federation Ship Recognition Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2302, 2nd ed. Cover Art by Dana Knutson. Illustrations by Dana Knutson and Robert Oswald. FASA Corporation, 1985.
- Bennett, Christopher L. "The Captain's Oath." Star Trek. Gallery Books, May 2019.
- "Core Game Book." Star Trek Roleplaying Game, Supplement 45000. Game. 1999. Last Unicorn Games, Inc.
- Isaacs, Ross A. (Line Developer). "Player's Guide." Star Trek Roleplaying Game, Book 1. Designed by Ross A. Isaacs, Christian Moore, and Owen Seyler. Additional Design by Matthew Colville, Kenneth Hite, Steven S. Long, and Don Mappin. Written by Matthew Colville, Kenneth Hite, Steven S. Long, Don Mappin, Christian Moore, and Seyler, Owen. Edited by Janice Sellers. Original Art by Kieran Yanner. Decipher, Inc., 2002.
- Stuart, Rick. "Star Trek: The Next Generation Officer's Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2012. Cover Design by Jim Nelson. Illustrations by Rob Caswell, David R. Dietrick, A.C. Farley, Dana Knutson, Jim Nelson, Jeff Laubenstein, and Todd F. Marsh. Deck Plans by Steve Venters. Cutaway Illustrations by David R. Deitrick. Ship Illustrations by Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1988.
- "Star-Crossed." Star Trek, Volume 2, Issue 73. Comic Book. July 1995. DC Comics.