U.S.S. Merrimack NCC-61827
The Federation Starship Merrimack, a Nebula class cruiser, transported Ambassador Sarek and his party from Legara IV to Vulcan, following the Legaran conference of 2366. In 2368, the Merrimack transported Cadet Wesley Crusher back to Starfleet Academy at the end of his leave aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D. In 2375, the Merrimack was assigned to patrol the Romulan Neutral Zone.
The ship's name has been listed alternately as both Merrimack and Merrimac; as it was given onscreen and in "The Star Trek Encyclopedia" as Merrimack, that spelling has been retained. Named for the ironclad warship, which became the C.S.S. Virginia and fought for the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War on Earth in the 1860s.
- Star Trek: Generations. Film. 18 November 1994.
- "Sarek." Star Trek: The Next Generation, Episode 171. Television. 14 May 1990.
- "The Game." Star Trek: The Next Generation, Episode 206. Television. 28 October 1991.
- "Starships." Star Trek Roleplaying Game, Book 4. Game. 2003. Decipher, Inc.
- "The Star Trek Encyclopedia." Book. 1997 (rev. ed.). Pocket Books.