Jump to navigation Jump to search
Reference Stardate 2/1400 through 2/1512
- Reference Stardate 2/1403: Starfleet Intelligence later learns that a Klingon task force engaged a Romulan task force at this time in the Triangle. This skirmish, involving a total of eleven starships, demonstrates many flaws in the newly designed Klingon L-13 class battleship.
- Reference Stardate 2/1404: Commander Montgomery Scott is reassigned to help refit the U.S.S. Enterprise.
- Reference Stardate 2/1405: An R-1 Type Orbital Research Outpost is towed to Regula, a Class D planet. The station is designated as the Regula I Research Station.
- Reference Stardate 2/1407: Starfleet Intelligence begins picking up rumors concerning unidentified starships and Klingons on Daros IV, and Orion-dominated neutral world.
- Reference Stardate 2/1408.12 (21 April): Initial plans regarding Operation Dixie, a deep-probe intelligence and reconnaissance mission into Klingon space, are filed with Admiral Nogura, Chief of Starfleet Operations. Nogura approves the tentative proposal and sets the start date at RSD 2/1901 (January 2277).
- Reference Stardate 2/1410: The Miranda class light cruiser U.S.S. Reliant NCC-1864 is brought into a shipyard at Morena. The vessel is extensively modified, and sets the template for the next evolution of the Miranda class refits.
- Stardate 8310.15/Reference Stardate 2/1410.21 (26 May): Starfleet Intelligence discovers that Commander Michael Thorn, assigned to investigate on Daros IV, is missing.
- Reference Stardate 2/1412: The Mission class courier S.S. Eridani Star is dispatched to Daros IV to complete Commander Thorn's unfinished intelligence assignment.
- Reference Stardate 2/1505: Knowledge of Operation Dixie inspires Romulan Sector Intelligence to plan their own deep-probe mission of Romulan capabilities and deployment centers, called Operation Grey Ghost. It is hoped that successful completion of this mission will re-establish confidence in the branch, particularly after the shake-up of RSD 2/0911 (November 2267).
- Reference Stardate 2/1506.06 (18 September): The Klingon Sector of Starfleet Intelligence accelerates preparations for Operation Dixie, believing the mission will demonstrate its superiority to its rival, Romulan Sector Intelligence.
- Reference Stardate 2/1510: Admiral James Kirk hand-picks Captain Willard Decker, son of the late Commodore Matt Decker, to take command of the U.S.S. Enterprise after it is overhauled. Decker spends the next 18 months becoming familiar with the vessel's design and new modifications.
- Barton, William A., Gallagher, Tara J., Hess, Clare W. III, Huettel, Todd W., Kemper, Dale L., Menke, Bernard Edward, Pardoe, Blaine L., Peterson, Boy F., Rogan, Peter R., Stein, Kevin, Stuart, Rick David, and Theisen, John A. "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home Sourcebook Update." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2224. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Patrick Larkin. "Orion Ruse." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2208. Illustrations by N. Norman Miller. FASA Corporation, 1984.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Producer). Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Directed by Robert Wise. Story by Alan Dean Foster. Screenplay by Harold Livingston Paramount Pictures Corporation, 7 December 1979.