FASA Chronology: 2000s
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Reference Stardate 0/0001 through 0/0912
- RSD 0/0001 (January): At this point, the Romulan Star Empire numbers 216 colonies and planets.
- RSD 0/0001.01 (1 January): The Reference Stardate system uses this date as its base. On this date, the Science Council of Luna declares itself independent of the governments of the United States of America and Japan, and requests status as a United Nations protectorate. The request is granted, forming the first interplanetary Human government.
- RSD 0/0001.30 (30 January): The Klingon Empire and the Romulan Star Empire make first contact at Delta Kinah II, when a Romulan scout vessel, the L'Sattak, is attacked without provocation. The L'Sattak self-destructs after sending its logs homeward. 
- RSD 0/0100: The Mercury Rover sends back the first soil sample information from its location at the terminator. Data obtained is from both the dark and light sides of the planet.
- RSD 0/0200: Construction begins on the first city in space. This is by far man's largest undertaking off the Earth to date.
- RSD 0/0209: The United Nations Scientific Council releases a 15-year projection that estimates off-world and space-oriented industry will grow at an exponential rate.
- RSD 0/0300: The Lindbergh class space ferry is launched, filling the role of the old Space Shuttle as the primary surface-to-orbit spacecraft. It remains in service until 2015.
- RSD 0/0300: During the Aleutian Incident, Rear Admiral Thomas Chandley of the United States Navy, one of the most decorated heroes of Earth history, conducts his brilliant blockade of Soviet ports.
- RSD 0/0306.15 (15 June): The First Romulan-Klingon War ends. Having taken heavy losses, the Star Empire pulls back slightly, giving up two outposts. The Klingons do not pursue, not being in a position to do so, though this is unknown to the Romulans. From this time forward, minor skirmishes will continue to occur between the Romulans and the Klingons. Emperor Kahless is killed in the final battle of the war.
- RSD 0/0310: Utilizing solar sails, the Centaurans begin a concerted effort to populate other planets in the Alpha Centauri system.
- RSD 0/0310.15 (15 October): The United Space Initiative is signed in New York. This landmark agreement will focus and accelerate man's exploration of the Solar System for the benefit of all mankind. As part of the Initiative, the United Nations Space Force is created, and several military installations for this service are constructed over the next three years. The UNSF's headquarters is on Titan, with smaller bases established on Luna, Ganymede, Phobos, and Ceres. Its goals are to coordinate exploration efforts, to enforce laws, and to protect people from the dangers of space.
- RSD 0/0400: First major expansion of the Goddard Moonbase occurs.
- RSD 0/0400: Farside Moonbase begins operations, and will specialize in radio telescope observations.
- RSD 0/0400: A mass driver is in use at Clavius Mines. Raw materials are shot back to Earth orbit for processing to feed burgeoning industries.
- RSD 0/0500: The first child is born in space at the Farside Moonbase to Radio Telescope Technician 1st Class Rita Ashworth and Dr. Weldon Ashworth of the Astro-Telemetry Section; the parents named their son Jules, after the famous science-fiction writer, Jules Verne, who first envisioned Human exploration of the moon. This event is heralded the world over as "a new generation of man has begun."
- RSD 0/0600: Thomas Morrison, the first person to die on the moon, is buried in a simple grave marking the historic occasion.
- RSD 0/0700: Tsiolkovskygrad, the first L-5 city in space, is completed, with a population of 250 residents.
- RSD 0/0700: Marking the 50th anniversary of the space age, the most comprehensive encyclopedia of space exploration is published.
- RSD 0/0800: The Aventeur class enters service. It is the first ship to be entirely assembled in Earth orbit. Advanced fission propulsion and capacious cargo modules made this an invaluable vessel for early interplanetary flight. The U.N.S.S. Lewis and Clark is among the first ships of the class launched.
- RSD 0/0800: A new class of Earth-Moon liner enters service, and will remain in use until 2024.
- RSD 0/0800: Fusion power research and development brings for the ultimate recycling device, the Fusion Torch, a furnace so hot that it can melt down all materials, artificial and natural, to their basic state.
- RSD 0/0900: The second L-5 city in space opens; five more will be built over the next decade.
- RSD 0/0912.21 (21 December): The Romulan Star Empire begins a period of slow, cautious expansion in the direction of the Klingon Empire. The expansion ends 40 years later, setting the boundaries for what will become known as the Triangle, where many of the recurring skirmishes between the two powers and the United Federation of Planets will take place.
- Tepool, David F., McLimore, Guy W. Jr., and Poehlein, Greg K.] "The Romulan Way: Game Operations Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2005B. Graphics and Layout by Dana Knutson, Todd Marsh, and Jordan Weisman. Illustrations by Norman Miller, Dana Knutson, and Todd Marsh. FASA Corporation. 1984.
- Wheeler, Wm. John with McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "Cadet's Orientation Sourcebook." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2004A, Second Edition. Cover Art by Rowena. Graphics and Layout by Dana Knutson and Jordan Weisman. FASA Corporation, 1983.
- Tepool, David F., McLimore, Guy W. Jr., and Poehlein, Greg K.] "The Romulans: Star Fleet Intelligence Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2005A. Graphics and Layout by Dana Knutson, Todd Marsh, and Jordan Weisman. Illustrations by Norman Miller, Dana Knutson, Todd Marsh, and William H. Keith, Jr. FASA Corporation. 1984.
- Goldstein, Stan and Goldstein, Fred with Sternbach, Rick. Star Trek: Spaceflight Chronology. Pocket Books, 1980.
- Menke, Bernard Edward and Stuart, Rick David. "The Federation." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2011. Cover Art by David R. Deitrick. Illustrations by Todd F. Marsh, John C. Tylk, Bob Eggleton, Daniel E. Carroll, and Jay Harris. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Brown, Forest G. "Federation Ship Recognition Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2302, Second Edition. Cover Art by Dana Knutson. Illustrations by Dana Knutson and Robert Oswald. FASA Corporation. 1985.
- McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F., with Ippolito, Donna, and Huettel, Todd W. "The Klingons: Star Fleet Intelligence Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2002, Second Edition. Based on original material by Ford, John M. Illustrations by Todd F. Marsh, Dana Knutson, Jeff Laubenstein, and Mitch O'Connell. FASA Corporation. 1987.
- Theisen, John A. "Star Fleet Intelligence Manual: Agent's Orientation Sourcebook." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2014. Cover Art by David R. Deitrick. Illustrations by Dana Knutson, Todd F. Marsh, and Jeff Laubenstein. FASA Corporation. 1987.