FASA Chronology: 2194
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Reference Stardate 1/9401 through 1/9412
- RSD 1/9403: The U.S.S. Gulliver, a Sawyer class scout, is instructed to travel to Axanar, to evaluate Axanar's sociological development.
- RSD 1/9404.01 (1 April): The log later recovered from the U.S.S. Gulliver's ship recorder buoy indicates that the Gulliver entered the Axanar system at this time, and is met and destroyed by the Klingon task force already there.
- RSD 1/9405.29 (29 May): The U.S.S. Xenophon, a Marklin class destroyer commanded by Captain Garth of Izar, encounters a Klingon D4E class cruiser eight parsecs from Axanar, and disables it.
- RSD 1/9406.05 (5 June): The U.S.S. Bonhomme Richard NCC-1712, on routine patrol, locates and retrieves the U.S.S. Gulliver's recorder buoy, which reveals the vessel's fate. In light of the recent Arcannis massacre, the Federation Council demands that Klingon forces at Axanar withdraw to their border under Star Fleet escort. The Klingon Admiral Kkorhetza at Axanar is permitted four months to receive instructions from his government. The U.S.S. Xenophon is already en route to Axanar.
- RSD 1/9407.09 (9 July): The U.S.S. Xenophon reaches Axanar several hours before the U.S.S. Bonhomme Richard NCC-1712, and so Captain Garth is given command of a scout squadron assigned to monitor the Klingon task force.
- RSD 1/9408: Star Fleet's Portsmith class destroyer becomes operational at a crucial time. Though not a powerful ship, it is constructed in large numbers, serving a multitude of escort and light combat assignments throughout the Four Years War. A total of 660 are built.
- RSD 1/9408.29 (29 August): One of the scouts near Axanar picks up the second, incoming Klingon task force. Captain Garth, despite being outnumbered, quickly implements a tactical plan that results in his victory at the Battle of Axanar.
- RSD 1/9409: Star Fleet's Siva class is retired from service.
- RSD 1/9409: Bram Harmonson is assigned to security on the U.S.S. Constitution NCC-1700 and avoids most of the military actions of the Four Years War. At this time, he begins sending some of his information to his contact, Captain Kai sutai-Mik of the Imperial Klingon Navy.
- RSD 1/9409.29 (29 September): Unaware of the results of the Battle of Axanar, the Klingon Empire declares war on the Federation. In response to the Federation Council, Admiral Kkorhetza refuses to withdraw his ships from Federation territory, issuing a formal declaration of alliance with the natives of Axanar. This results in a state of war between the Federation and the Klingon Empire, and the Four Years War begins. As both Federation and Klingon forces attempt end runs to find weak spots in the other's defenses, fighting soon moves into the Triangle area. Though tactical experts expect the Romulan Star Empire to enter the war on one side or the other, they do not.
- RSD 1/9409.30 (30 September): Captain Garth wins the Second Battle of Axanar, and accepts the surrender of Admiral Kkorhetza. Captain Garth is awarded the Federation Medal of Valor.
- RSD 1/9410: Star Fleet Intelligence later learns that several strategic groups of Klingon cruisers leave Klingon space at this time and enter unclaimed space as they head for Federation territory.
- RSD 1/9410: The Battle of Andromeda is fought. This battle proves there were small numbers of Klingon ships on the Federation border even before hostilities were officially declared.
- RSD 1/9410: The shipbuilding facilities at Starbase 15 are completed, and they quickly go into full production.
- RSD 1/9412.18 (18 December): According to the Federation Uniform Mercantile Code, the Orions are forbidden to trade with the Klingon Empire for the duration of the war. The small, Triangle-based Orion Frontier Merchants Association declares independence from the Botchok Planetary Congress in order to trade with both the Federation and the Klingon Empire.
- RSD 1/9412: Researchers at HiBeam Energies, Ltd. develop the ship-mounted phaser. Hasty installation of the phasers onto Star Fleet vessels causes numerous accidents. Phasers are withdrawn from service for additional tests.
Notes and References
- Theisen, John A. "The Four Years War." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2218A. Cover Art and Illustrations by Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Goldstein, Stan with Goldstein, Fred and Sternbach, Rick. Star Trek: Spaceflight Chronology. Wallaby Books, 1980.
- Wheeler, Wm. John with McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "Cadet's Orientation Sourcebook." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2004A, Second Edition. Cover Art by Rowena. Graphics and Layout by Dana Knutson and Jordan Weisman. FASA Corporation, 1983.
- Pardoe, Blaine L. "The Strider Incident." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2226. Cover Art by David R. Deitrick. Illustrations by Bob Eggleton, Dana Knutson, Jeff Laubenstein, and Todd F. Marsh. FASA Corporation. 1987.
- McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F., with Ippolito, Donna, and Huettel, Todd W. "The Klingons: Star Fleet Intelligence Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2002, Second Edition. Based on original material by Ford, John M. Illustrations by Todd F. Marsh, Dana Knutson, Jeff Laubenstein, and Mitch O'Connell. FASA Corporation. 1987.
- McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "The Triangle." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2007. Cover Art by David Martin. Graphic Design by Jordan Weisman. Graphics, Layout, and Illustrations by Dana Knutson, Todd F. Marsh, Jane Bigos, and David J. Hutchins. FASA Corporation. 1985.
- Tepool, David F., McLimore, Guy W. Jr., and Poehlein, Greg K.] "The Romulans: Star Fleet Intelligence Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2005A. Graphics and Layout by Dana Knutson, Todd Marsh, and Jordan Weisman. Illustrations by Norman Miller, Dana Knutson, Todd Marsh, and William H. Keith, Jr. FASA Corporation. 1984.
- Menke, Bernard Edward and Stuart, Rick David. "The Federation." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2011. Cover Art by David R. Deitrick. Illustrations by Todd F. Marsh, John C. Tylk, Bob Eggleton, Daniel E. Carroll, and Jay Harris. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Rogan, Peter R. "The Orions: The Book of Common Knowledge." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2008. Cover Art by David R. Deitrick. Illustrations by Jane Bigos, Dana Knutson, Todd Marsh, and Jim Nelson. FASA Corporation. 1987.