FASA Chronology: 2212
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Reference Stardate 2/1200 through 2/1212
- RSD 2/12: Sheridan's World takes on a more permanent form as more Human-Klingon families begin to have children.
- RSD 2/1201: Captain James T. Kirk of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 is called to Janus VI, where he must serve as a judge regarding the murder of a Horta, a silicon-based life form living beneath the planet's surface. In the process, an important discovery is made about the Hortas that once populated the planet.
- RSD 2/1201: While on routine patrol near Tholian space, the Larson class destroyer U.S.S. Cre'cy NCC-4312 encounters the badly damaged hull of the U.S.S. Hood NCC-1703, apparently no longer trapped in spatial interphase. The Cre'cy successfully tows the battered hulk to the nearest Federation outpost, where officials decide to scrap the vessel, rather than attempt to refit it. The decision is reversed, however, and the Hood is repaired and returned to service.
- RSD 2/1202: Federation Ambassador Carlos Rivera, a senior diplomat, is called in to help persuade the Lorealyn system to join the Federation. Lying within the Klingon Neutral Zone, this system possesses important crystal deposit that could be vaulable for transwarp propulsion. The Mission class courier U.S.S. Magnan NCC-13843 transports the ambassador, but is intercepted by a Klingon D-7A class cruiser, where they are imprisoned temporarily.
- RSD 2/1202: The Kinza D'elma naval base, built in Klingon territory acquired under the Organian Peace Treaty, is completed.
- RSD 2/1203: The U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 is assigned to supervise the evacuation of humanoids on the planet Aleriad, which is about to be destroyed due to system instability. Although the Prime Directive is suspended, Alerian religious beliefs and Orion agents complicate the evacuation process.
- RSD 2/1203: The first outbreak of Orion blood fever occurs among the inhabitants of Rigel VII. Star Fleet Intelligence later learns that the disease depopulated several Klingon settlements before quarantines were ordered.
- RSD 2/1204: The U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 returns from its five-year mission under Captain James T. Kirk. It is the only one of the first group of Constitution class vessels remaining; all others have been lost in service. Star Fleet, riding the crest of a publicity wave, decorates Kirk and most of the top officers and grants them six months' leave, and Captain Kirk is promoted to Commodore. Star Fleet adopts the Enterprise identifications symbol as the official Star Fleet emblem, abolishing the practice of individualized emblems for each ship.
- RSD 2/1204-2/1210 (April through October 2212): Commodore James T. Kirk spends much of his shore leave successfully using his influence and prestige to assure Star Fleet's continued vigilant–but non-militant–activities in the face of increased Klingon aggression outside the Neutral Zone. Upon his return, he becomes Chief of Star Fleet Operations to assure that his proposals are carried out. Kirk is promoted to Admiral, and the Enterprise prepares to undergo a complete refit.
- RSD 2/1209-2/1212 (September through December 2212): Coridan, a Federation protectorate, experiences increasing numbers of dilithium crystal hijackings, resulting in numerous fatalities and severe financial repercussions.
- RSD 2/1212: Commander Spock refuses an offer of promotion to Captain and retires from active duty, entering Star Fleet Reserve. He pursues the kolinahr discipline on Vulcan.
- Stuart, Rick David. "Conflict of Interests." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2222. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- McLimore, Guy W. Jr. "Witness for the Defense." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2202. Graphic Design by Dana Knutson and Mitch O'Connell. FASA Corporation, 1983.
- Barton, William A., Gallagher, Tara J., Hess, Clare W. III, Huettel, Todd W., Kemper, Dale L., Menke, Bernard Edward, Pardoe, Blaine L., Peterson, Boy F., Rogan, Peter R., Stein, Kevin, Stuart, Rick David, and Theisen, John A. "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home Sourcebook Update." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2224. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Wheeler, Wm. John with Brown, Forest G. Star Trek: Tactical Starship Simulator. Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2003A. Illustration by Dana Knutson, Todd F. Marsh, and Mitch O'Connell. FASA Corporation, 1986.
- McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "In the Presence of My Enemies." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2001B. Illustrations and Drawings by Mitch O'Connell and Jordan Weisman. FASA Corporation, 1983.
- Theisen, John A. "The Four Years War." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2218A. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Hooper, Andrew Philip. "Denial of Destiny." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2205. Illustrations by Dana Knutson and David R. Deitrick. FASA Corporation, 1983.
- Wheeler, Wm. John with McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "Cadet's Orientation Sourcebook." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2004A. FASA Corporation, 1983.
- McLimore, Guy W. Jr., and Poehlein, Greg K. "Star Trek III: The Search for Spock Sourcebook Update." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2214. FASA Corporation. 1984.
- Keith, J. Andrew. "Margin of Profit." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2209. Graphics and Layout by Dana Knutson, Norman Miller, and Jordan Weisman. Illustrations by Norman Miller. FASA Corporation, 1984.