|Family|| • Solkar (Grandfather)|
• Skonn (Father)
• Unknown (Ex-wife)
• Sybok (Son)
• Amanda Grayson (Wife)
• Spock (Son)
• Michael Burnham (Foster Daughter)
|First Appearance|| • Mentioned: TOS02 (22 Sep 1966)|
• Appeared: TOS44 (17 Nov 1967)
|Portrayed by|| • Mark Lenard (TOS44; ST03; ST04; ST06; TNG171, 208})|
• James Frain (DSC01, 02, 06, 15)
(The root of all realities)
Federation Ambassador Sarek was married to Amanda Grayson, a Human woman; they had a son, Spock, who said on Stardate 1512.2 that Commander Balok of the First Federation starship Fesarius reminded him "in some manner" of Sarek. Sarek was serving as Vulcan's ambassador to Earth when he met Amanda, who was a teacher at the time.
Sarek gave Spock his first instruction in computers. Sarek refused to speak to Spock for nearly twenty years after Spock chose to attend Starfleet Academy instead of the Vulcan Science Academy and pursued a career in Starfleet. Born in 2166, Sarek was precisely 102.437 years old at the time of the Babel Conference on Stardate 3842.3.
Notes and References
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "This Side of Paradise." Star Trek, Season 1, Episode 24 (Production 25). Directed by Ralph Senensky. Story by Nathan Butler. Teleplay by Nathan Butler & D.C. Fontana. Desilu Productions, 2 March 1967.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "Journey to Babel." Star Trek, Season 2, Episode 15. Directed by Joseph Pevney. Written by D.C. Fontana. Desilu Productions, 17 November 1967.
- Scheimer, Lou & Norm Prescott (Producers). "Yesteryear". Star Trek: The Animated Series, season 1, episode 2 (Production number 03). Directed by Hal Sutherland. Written by D.C. Fontana. Filmation Associates. 15 September1973.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "Where No Man Has Gone Before". Star Trek, season 1, episode 3 (Production number 02). Directed by James Goldstone. Written by Samuel A. Peeples. Desilu Productions. 22 September 1966.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "The Corbomite Maneuver". Star Trek, season 1, episode 10 (Production number 03). Directed by Joseph Sargent. Written by Jerry Sohl. Desilu Productions. 10 November 1966.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "The Cage". Star Trek, season 0, episode 0 (Production number 01). Directed by Robert Butler. Written by Gene Roddenberry. Released 1986. Desilu Productions. 1965.