Reference Stardates 0/4200 - 0/5112
- RSD 0/42: The Parr class interplanetary tug, with a complement of 18 crew members, enters service. It will remain in service until 2104.
- RSD 0/4202.25 (25 February): The Columbus class U.N.S.S. Icarus, commanded by Captain Roger Tauber, departs on the first manned expedition to Alpha Centauri, the nearest star system to Earth, to search for a habitable planet. A crowd of several thousand people watch nearby as the ship is launched from the moon, while billions watch live, televised coverage. The estimated travel time for the voyage is six years.
- RSD 0/4806.23 (23 June): The U.N.S.S. Icarus arrives at Alpha Centauri. Contact is established with a humanoid culture there, despite many scientific predictions doubting the possibility of intelligent, humanoid life elsewhere in the universe.
- RSD 0/4812: Zefram Cochrane formulates his initial warp drive calculations, bringing faster-than-light travel closer to a reality.
- RSD 0/49: Solar system activity booms as new industrial methods continually raise the Gross Solar Product (GSP).
- RSD 0/49: The Monticello class cargo carrier, with a crew of 15, enters service.
- RSD 0/50: The earliest permanent, non-native settlement in the Triangle is established by the Romulan Star Empire.
- Goldstein, Stan and Goldstein, Fred with Sternbach, Rick. Star Trek: Spaceflight Chronology. Pocket Books, 1980.
- Wheeler, Wm. John with McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "Cadet's Orientation Sourcebook." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2004A. FASA Corporation, 1983.
- Theisen, John A. "The Romulan War." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2221A. Illustrations by Cliff Van Meter and Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- McLimore, Guy W. Jr., and Poehlein, Greg K. "Star Trek III: The Search for Spock Sourcebook Update." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2214. FASA Corporation. 1984.
- McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "The Triangle." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2007. FASA Corporation. 1985.