|Portrayed by||Barrett, Majel (as M. Leigh Hudec) (TOS 00)|
Lieutenant Commander Una served as helmsman and first officer under Captain Christopher Pike. Una preferred to use her rank or "Number One," rather than her name. In 2254, Una and Yeoman Colt were captured by the Talosians, who wanted Pike to select a mate in order to produce a colony of Humans to repopulate their world. A spiteful Vina said "they’d have more luck crossing [Pike] with a computer." The Talosians, however, believed that her "superior mind would produce highly intelligent children," observing that "although she seems to lack emotion, this is largely a pretense. She often has fantasies involving [Pike]."
Notes and References
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "The Cage." Star Trek, Season 0, Episode 0. Directed by Robert Butler. Written by Gene Roddenberry. Desilu Productions, 1965 (Released 1986).
- Fuller, Bryan & Roddenberry, Eugene & Roth, Trevor & Goldsman, Akiva & Kadin, Heather & Berg, Gretchen J. & Harberts, Aaron & Kurtzman, Alex (Executive Producers). "An Obol for Charon." Star Trek: Discovery, Season 2, Episode 4. Directed by Lee Rose. Story by Jordon Nardino & Gretchen J. Berg & Aaron Harberts. Teleplay by Alan McElroy & Andrew Colville. CBS Entertainment, 7 February 2019.
- Fuller, Bryan & Roddenberry, Eugene & Roth, Trevor & Goldsman, Akiva & Kadin, Heather & Berg, Gretchen J. & Harberts, Aaron & Kurtzman, Alex (Executive Producers). "Such Sweet Sorrow, Part II." Star Trek: Discovery, Season 2, Episode 14. Directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi. Written by Michelle Paradise & Jenny Lumet & Alex Kurtzman. CBS Entertainment, 18 April 2019.
- Edginton, Ian & Abnett, Dan (Writers). "Flesh of My Flesh." Star Trek: Early Voyages, issue 1. Pencils by Patrick Zircher. Inks by Greg Adams. Colors by Marie Javins. Lettering by Janice Chiang. Edited by Bobbie Chase. Marvel Comics, February 1997.
- The year that "The Cage" takes place, 2254, is derived from information given in "The Menagerie." Spock states that it has been 13 years since the incident on Talos IV, and that he served under Captain Pike for 11 years. Therefore, the episode is in the second year of Captain Kirk's five-year mission, which began in 2265, per the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Q2." Therefore, "The Menagerie" is set in 2267, and thirteen years prior to that is 2254.