FASA Chronology: 2208
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Reference Stardate 2/0800 through 2/0812
- RSD 2/08: In a combat between the U.S.S. Hannibal and an Orion pirate, Fayel R'Zaad becomes physically ill when the Orion ship explodes. The illness is attributed to space sickness, common among young officers, but R'Zaad realizes that Star Fleet may not be his future.
- RSD 2/08: BioResearch takes delivery on the first shipment of Orion slaves.
- RSD 2/08: Utta becomes chief of her tribe on 34 Kraol III.
- RSD 2/0704 - 2/0803: Season 1 of Star Trek occurs.
- RSD 2/0801: Representatives from the United Federation of Planets and the Klingon Empire fail to reach a peaceful resolution to their differences. Warships from the Klingon Empire invade space claimed by the Federation.
- RSD 2/0801.06 (6 January): A Klingon battle group under the command of Captain Kor seizes the strategic planet of Organia and transports occupation forces to the planet's surface.
- RSD 2/0801.08 (8 January): The U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 responds to Organia. Star Fleet Captain James T. Kirk and his first officer, Lieutenant Commander Spock, are captured after attacking Klingon military installations on Organia.
- RSD 2/0801.09 (9 January): As a Star Fleet task forces approaches and the first shots of what would have been a second Klingon War are about to be fired, the Organians intervene to end the conflict. They impose the Organian Peace Treaty on both the United Federation of Planets and the Klingon Empire, which establishes the Organian Treaty Zone, which is further solidified by negotiation over the next three months. Although both sides honor the treaty, the fate of various "orphaned" planets in the neutral zone remains unresolved.
- RSD 2/0801.24 (24 January): The U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 makes the first Federation contact with the Gorn Alliance occurs. The Enterprise encounters an MA-12 class cruiser commanded by Gorn Captain S'slee after that vessel destroyed the Federation outpost on Cestus III.
- RSD 2/0801.24 (24 January): After the Organians imposed peace between the Federation and the Klingon Empire, the Rigellians check their records and then enter into a heated but pointless debate with the Organians.
- RSD 2/0802: The brief Federation/Klingon war, the imposed Organian Peace Treaty, and first contact with the Gorn delay the Federation Council's final action on the Romulan border attack and the theorized Romulan/Vulcan link. Though Star Fleet doubles the number of patrols along the Romulan Neutral Zone and establishes new, larger, more heavily armed border stations, no direct action is taken against the Romulans at this time.
- RSD 2/0802: The Constitution class cruiser U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1017, under the command of Commodore Matthew Brand Decker, is severely damaged by a Doomsday Machine. The vessel's entire crew, except Decker, is killed in a related mishap. In a tactic later known as the Kirk Defense, the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 crew destroys the Doomsday Machine by setting the Constellation's engines for self-destruct and exploding the starship inside the machine. Before the operation is completed, Decker also becomes a casualty.
- RSD 2/0803 - 2/0903: Season 2 of Star Trek occurs.
- RSD 2/0803.21 (21 March): A Star Fleet-sponsored science team, composed of Vulcan researchers and led by Lieutenant Commander Spock on temporary detatched duty, rediscovers a Vulcan colony world that had been captured by Romulan forces. Located in the area between the United Federation of Planets, Romulan Star Empire, and Klingon Empire known as the Triangle, the mining settlement had been abandoned by the Romulans as unsuccessful when its ores played out. The Romulans destroyed all records and equipment before leaving, but stranding the Vulcan inhabitants. By the time the scientists arrived, most of the Vulcans had died, but a Vulcan-Romulan hybrid child, a girl of 5, survives. Sarek, a highly respected scientist and statesman from Vulcan, is given custody of the child, Saavik, who was born soon after the Romulan departure.
- RSD 2/0804.09 (9 April): The Organian Treaty Zone is officially established, making important changes in the Klingon/Federation border and giving additional territory to both governments.
- RSD 2/0806: As the result of tectonic instability, Ceti Alpha VI, a planet-sized moon in co-orbit with Ceti Alpha V, explodes. The effect alters Ceti Alpha V's orbit slightly and transforms it from a luxurious garden world into an inhospitable desert.
- RSD 2/0808.26 (26 August): The Constitution class cruiser U.S.S. Republic NCC-1373, under the command of Captain Richard V. Masterson, is officially listed as missing. Based on information obtained at the time, Star Fleet officials believe that the vessel may have been missing as much as seven months prior.
- RSD 2/0810: Star Fleet Intelligence Command adds its ninth Operating Forces Sector, Gorn Sector Intelligence. The Technical Services Subdivision adds Gorn Activities Units.
- RSD 2/0811: In recognition of outstanding service as both first officer and chief science officer of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701, Lieutenant Commander Spock is promoted to full Commander.
- Rice, Peter L. and Mulkins, Marcus. "The Triangle Campaign." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2215. FASA Corporation. 1985.
- Michael Mornard. "An Imbalance of Power." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2220. Illustrations by David R. Deitrick, Darnell Williams, and Jeff Laubenstein. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Wheeler, Wm. John with McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "Cadet's Orientation Sourcebook." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2004A. FASA Corporation, 1983.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "Errand of Mercy." Star Trek, Season 1, Episode 27. Directed by John Newland. Written by Gene L. Coon. Desilu Productions, 23 March 1967.
- Stuart, Rick David. "Conflict of Interests." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2222. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Barton, William A., Gallagher, Tara J., Hess, Clare W. III, Huettel, Todd W., Kemper, Dale L., Menke, Bernard Edward, Pardoe, Blaine L., Peterson, Boy F., Rogan, Peter R., Stein, Kevin, Stuart, Rick David, and Theisen, John A. "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home Sourcebook Update." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2224. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "Arena." Star Trek, Season 1, Episode 19. Directed by Joseph Pevney. Story by Fredric Brown. Teleplay by Gene L. Coon. Desilu Productions, 19 January 1967.
- Rogan, Peter R. "The Orions: The Book of Deep Knowledge." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2008B. FASA Corporation. 1987.
- Tepool, David F., McLimore, Guy W. Jr., and Poehlein, Greg K.] "The Romulans: Star Fleet Intelligence Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2005A. FASA Corporation. 1984.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "The Doomsday Machine." Star Trek, Season 2, Episode 6. Directed by Marc Daniels. Written by Norman Spinrad. Desilu Productions, 20 October 1967.
- Theisen, John A. "The Four Years War." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2218A. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Menke, Bernard Edward and Stuart, Rick David. "The Federation." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2011. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Salin, Robert (Producer). Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Directed by Nicholas Meyer. Story by Harve Bennett and Jack B. Sowards. Screenplay by Nicholas Meyer (Uncredited). Paramount Pictures Corporation, 4 June 1982.
- Poehlein, Greg K. "Lost and Presumed Dead." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2214. FASA Corporation. 1984.
- Theisen, John A. "Star Fleet Intelligence Manual: Agent's Orientation Sourcebook." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2014B. FASA Corporation. 1987.