U.S.S. Stargazer NCC-2893 (FASA)
|Status||Lost, presumed destroyed SD 40217.3 / RSD 2/9303; Recovered, Decommissioned SD 41723.9 / RSD 3/0306|
(FASA Roleplaying Game)
The Federation Starship Stargazer, a Constellation class cruiser, was commissioned on Reference Stardate 2/7412 (December 2274). The ship was commanded by Captain Jean-Luc Picard for two decades.
On Stardate 40217.3 / Reference Stardate 2/9303 (March 2293), the Stargazer was apparently destroyed near the Maxia Zeta system by what was later learned to be a Ferengi vessel. Captain Picard's final log entries stated:
"Proceeding at warp 3.4. Chief Engineer reports nominal completion of maintenance of #2 impulse reactor a full day ahead of schedule. I have therefore ordered a full power test on the entire system in hopes of recertifying the reactor before next week. It will be good to have impulse back to full capacity. ...
U.S.S. Stargazer on routine survey mission into the Maxia Zeta star system. Initial scans indicate twelve planets, none habitable. The third and fourth are in Maxia Zeta's habitable zone, and may therefore be candidates for terraforming. Our science teams are preparing for a full survey and sensor scan. ...
We have detected an unidentified spacecraft near one of the moons of Maxia Zeta IV. Indications are that this craft may have been launched from that moon, although our scans have detected no launch complex or other support facility. We are attempting to hail the craft, but as yet there has been no response. ...
We are under attack by an unidentified starship. Repeated attempts to warn it off have failed. I fear that we have no choice but to defend ourselves. ...
We are forced to abandon our starship. May she find her way without us."
A decade later, DaiMon Bok returned the ship's remains to Picard, now in command of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D, as part of a revenge plot against Picard for his part in the death of Bok's son, who commanded the Ferengi ship that the Stargazer had originally encountered. Following the Stargazer's recovery on Stardate 41723.9 / Reference Stardate 3/0306 (June 2303), the vessel was decommissioned.
Ships Named Stargazer
U.S.S. Stargazer NCC-2893 (Constellation class)
U.S.S. Stargazer NCC-2893 (Constellation class) • U.S.S. Stargazer NCC-2893-A (Intrepid class)
U.S.S. Stargazer NCC-2893 (Constellation class)
U.S.S. Stargazer NCC-2893 (Constellation class) • U.S.S. Stargazer NCC-2893-A (Stargazer class)
I.S.S. Starbreaker / Stargazer NCC-2893 (Constellation class)
Constellation class vessels
U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1974 • U.S.S. Gettysburg NCC-3890 • U.S.S. Hathaway NCC-2593 • U.S.S. Magellan NCC-3069 • U.S.S. Stargazer NCC-2893 • U.S.S. Victory NCC-9754
U.S.S. Antietam • U.S.S. Cochise • U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1974 • U.S.S. Fading Sun • U.S.S. Ferrel • U.S.S. Gettysburg NCC-3890 • U.S.S. Gibraltar • U.S.S. Gihlan NCC-9761 • U.S.S. Hathaway NCC-2593 • U.S.S. Magellan NCC-3069 • U.S.S. Sempach • U.S.S. Speedwell • U.S.S. Stargazer NCC-2893 • U.S.S. Tubman NCC-1757-B • U.S.S. Vespucci • U.S.S. Victory NCC-9754
U.S.S. Andromeda NCC-2505 • U.S.S. Antares NCC-2514 • U.S.S. Aquarius NCC-2517 • U.S.S. Betelgeuse NCC-2520 • U.S.S. Callisto NCC-2509 • U.S.S. Canopus NCC-2523 • U.S.S. Ceres NCC-2513 • U.S.S. Constellation NCC-2500 • U.S.S. Diadem NCC-2521 • U.S.S. Effros NCC-2519 • U.S.S. Eridani NCC-2511 • U.S.S. Hathaway NCC-2593 • U.S.S. Indiri NCC-2518 • U.S.S. Leonid NCC-2516 • U.S.S. Libra NCC-2506 • U.S.S. Magellan NCC-2504 • U.S.S. Minora NCC-2525 • U.S.S. Nebula NCC-2502 • U.S.S. Nova NCC-2501 • U.S.S. Orion NCC-2510 • U.S.S. Pisces NCC-2515 • U.S.S. Polaris NCC-2503 • U.S.S. Pulsar NCC-2508 • U.S.S. Sagittarius NCC-2507 • U.S.S. Sirius Major NCC-2524 • U.S.S. Stargazer NCC-2893 • U.S.S. Taurus NCC-2512
I.S.S. Gettysburg NCC-3890 • I.S.S. Starbreaker / Stargazer NCC-2893
Notes and References
- ↑ The "Star Trek: The Next Generation Officer's Manual" lists the Stargazer's registry number as NCC-2522. This conflicts with the registry given on screen and has been disregarded.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "The Battle". Star Trek: The Next Generation, season 1, episode 9 (Production number 110). Co-Executive Producers: Rick Berman & Maurice Hurley. Directed by Rob Bowman. Story by Larry Forrester. Teleplay by Herbert J. Wright. Paramount Pictures. 16 November 1987.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Stuart, Rick (Author). Star Trek: The Next Generation Officer's Manual. Star Trek: The Role Playing Game. Book 2012. Cover design by Jim Nelson. Illustrations by Rob Caswell, David R. Deitrick, A.C. Farley, Dana Knutson, Jim Nelson, Jeff Laubenstein, and Todd F. Marsh. Deck plans by Steve Venters. Cutaway illustrations by David R. Deitrick. Ship illustrations by Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1988.
- ↑ The stardate and log entry for the Stargazer's encounter at Maxia Zeta were shown on viewscreens on the Stargazer bridge, and were clearly visible on the BluRay release.
- ↑ Pardo, Blaine (Author). Star Trek: The Next Generation First Year Sourcebook. Star Trek: The Role Playing Game. Book 2227. Cover Design by Dana Knutson. Illustrations by Rob Caswell and David R. Deitrick. FASA Corporation. 1989.