(Redirected from Apollo 11)Jump to navigation Jump to search
On 20 July 1969, the age-old dream of landing a man on the moon was accomplished by Apollo 11, whose Lunar Module landed in the Sea of Tranquility. Astronauts Neil Armstrong and "Buzz" Aldrin remained on the surface for 21 hours 36 minutes.
- The year that "The Cage" takes place, 2254, is derived from information given in "The Menagerie." Spock states that it has been 13 years since the incident on Talos IV, and that he served under Captain Pike for 11 years. Therefore, the episode is in the second year of Captain Kirk's five-year mission, which began in 2265, per the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Q2." Therefore, "The Menagerie" is set in 2267, and thirteen years prior to that is 2254.
- "Assignment: Earth." Star Trek, Episode 55. Television. 29 March 1968.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "The Cage." Star Trek, Season 1, Episode 0. Directed by Robert Butler. Written by Gene Roddenberry. Desilu Productions, Unaired.
- Goldstein, Stan and Goldstein, Fred with Sternbach, Rick. Star Trek: Spaceflight Chronology. Pocket Books, 1980.
- "Broken Bow." Enterprise, Episodes 01-02. Television. 26 September 2001.
- Wheeler, Wm. John with McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "Cadet's Orientation Sourcebook." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2004A. FASA Corporation, 1983.