On 20 July 1969, the age-old dream of landing a man on the moon was accomplished by Apollo 11, whose Lunar Module landed in the Sea of Tranquility. Astronauts Neil Armstrong and "Buzz" Aldrin remained on the surface for 21 hours 36 minutes.
Notes and References
- The year that "The Cage" takes place, 2254, is derived from information given in "The Menagerie." Spock states that it has been 13 years since the incident on Talos IV, and that he served under Captain Pike for 11 years. Therefore, the episode is in the second year of Captain Kirk's five-year mission, which began in 2265, per the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Q2." Therefore, "The Menagerie" is set in 2267, and thirteen years prior to that is 2254.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "The Cage." Star Trek, Season 0, Episode 0. Directed by Robert Butler. Written by Gene Roddenberry. Desilu Productions, 1965 (Released 1986).
- Goldstein, Stan with Goldstein, Fred and Sternbach, Rick. Star Trek: Spaceflight Chronology. Wallaby Books, 1980.
- Wheeler, Wm. John with McLimore, Guy W. Jr., Poehlein, Greg K., and Tepool, David F. "Cadet's Orientation Sourcebook." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Book 2004A, Second Edition. Cover Art by Rowena. Graphics and Layout by Dana Knutson and Jordan Weisman. FASA Corporation, 1983.
- Berman, Rick & Piller, Michael & Taylor, Jeri (Executive Producers). "Threshold." Star Trek: Voyager, Season 2, Episode 15. Directed by Alexander Singer. Story by Michael De Luca. Teleplay by Brannon Braga. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 29 January 1996.