U.S.S. Valiant NCC-1718 (FASA)
|Class||Bonhomme Richard / Constitution / Enterprise|
|First Appearance||SFTM (Nov 1975)|
(FASA Roleplaying Game)
Construction on the Federation Starship Valiant was authorized by the Star Fleet Appropriation of Stardate 4444 as a Bonhomme Richard class cruiser, a variant of the Constitution class, and the ship was commissioned circa Reference Stardate 1/9501 (January 2195). Following the Four Years War, the Valiant was refit to Mark II specifications on RSD2/0010 (October 2200), and on RSD2/0312 (December 2203) was refit again to Mark III specifications.
Reference Stardate 2/1802 (February 2218) saw a major overhaul to Mark I of the Enterprise class specifications. On RSD2/2212.21 (21 December 2222), the Valiant was the first ship of its size to be refitted with an experimental transwarp engine, ushering in the Mark IV specifications. On RSD2/3806 (June 2238), the Valiant was destroyed.
Ships Named Valiant
H.M.S. Valiant (SFC) (Hunter class) • U.S.S. Valiant (FP150) (Daedalus class) • U.S.S. Valiant NCC-1223 (LUG) (Ranger class) • U.S.S. Valiant NCC-1709 (SFC) (Constitution class) • U.S.S. Valiant NCC-1709 (SFU) (Constitution class) • U.S.S. Valiant NCC-1731 (Constitution class) • U.S.S. Valiant (SFC) (Defiant class)
Bonhomme Richard class vessels
U.S.S. Ari NCC-1723 • U.S.S. Bonhomme Richard NCC-1712 • U.S.S. Defiant NCC-1764 • U.S.S. Eagle NCC-956 • U.S.S. El Dorado NCC-1722 • U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-1895 • U.S.S. Essex NCC-1727 • U.S.S. Excelsior NCC-1718 • U.S.S. Graf Zeppelin NCC-1726 • U.S.S. Hornet NCC-1714 • U.S.S. Kent NCC-1725 • U.S.S. Lafayette NCC-1720 • U.S.S. Merrimac NCC-1715 • U.S.S. Monitor NCC-1713 • U.S.S. Saratoga NCC-1724 • U.S.S. Valiant NCC-1731 • U.S.S. Wasp NCC-1721See also:
Constitution class vessels
MK-IX Constitution class Mk I (2188-2193)
U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1017 • U.S.S. Constitution NCC-1700 • U.S.S. Defiant NCC-1764 • U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 • U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-1664 • U.S.S. Exeter NCC-1672 • U.S.S. Farragut NCC-1647 • U.S.S. Hood NCC-1703 • U.S.S. Intrepid NCC-1631 • U.S.S. Lexington NCC-1709 • U.S.S. Potemkin NCC-1702 • U.S.S. Republic NCC-1373 • U.S.S. Yorktown NCC-1717
Constitution class Mk II (2202)
U.S.S. Bismarck NCC-1704 • U.S.S. Challenger NCC-1715 • U.S.S. El Dorado NCC-1724 • U.S.S. Essex NCC-1719 • U.S.S. Kent NCC-1725 • U.S.S. Kongo NCC-1710 • U.S.S. Saratoga NCC-1720 • U.S.S. Valiant NCC-1718 • U.S.S. Yamato NCC-1705
Constitution class Mk III (2212)
U.S.S. Akagi NCC-1779 • U.S.S. Ark Royal NCC-1791 • U.S.S. Bonhomme Richard NCC-1776 • U.S.S. Chikuma NCC-1759 • U.S.S. Discovery NCC-1798 • U.S.S. Eagle NCC-1738 • U.S.S. Endeavor NCC-1777 • U.S.S. Forrestal NCC-1751 • U.S.S. Hornet NCC-1778 • U.S.S. Kaga NCC-1780 • U.S.S. Kitty Hawk NCC-1754 • U.S.S. Langley NCC-1749 • U.S.S. Littorio NCC-1727 • U.S.S. Marseille NCC-1744 • U.S.S. Radetsky NCC-1792 • U.S.S. Richelieu NCC-1750 • U.S.S. Rivoli NCC-1765 • U.S.S. Santissma Trinidad NCC-1742 • U.S.S. Ticonderoga NCC-1736 • U.S.S. Victory NCC-1760
Enterprise class vessels
Enterprise class Mk I (2217)
U.S.S. Akagi II NCC-1779 • U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1706 • U.S.S. Defiant II NCC-1764 • U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-1711 • U.S.S. Exeter NCC-1712 • U.S.S. Farragut NCC-1708 • U.S.S. Forrestal II NCC-1751 • U.S.S. Hancock NCC-1735 • U.S.S. Hood II NCC-1703 • U.S.S. Intrepid NCC-1707 • U.S.S. Lexington II NCC-1709 • U.S.S. Minsk NCC-1752 • U.S.S. Oriskany NCC-1733 • U.S.S. Potemkin II NCC-1702 • U.S.S. Republic NCC-1753 • U.S.S. Rivoli II NCC-1765 • U.S.S. Valley Forge NCC-1732 • U.S.S. Wasp NCC-1734 • U.S.S. Yorktown II NCC-1717
Enterprise class Mk II (2219)
U.S.S. Clemenceau NCC-1784 • U.S.S. Eagle II NCC-1738 • U.S.S. Franklin NCC-1743 • U.S.S. Freidland NCC-1781 • U.S.S. King George V NCC-1740 • U.S.S. Gneisenau NCC-1773 • U.S.S. Hiryu NCC-1731 • U.S.S. Kaga II NCC-1780 • U.S.S. Kirishima NCC-1775 • U.S.S. Konigsburg NCC-1782 • U.S.S. Prince of Wales NCC-1741 • U.S.S. Radetsky II NCC-1792 • U.S.S. Scharnhorst NCC-1772 • U.S.S. Soryu NCC-1730 • U.S.S. Victory II NCC-1760 • U.S.S. Zuiho NCC-1716
Enterprise class Mk III (2221)
U.S.S. Bunker Hill NCC-1745 • U.S.S. Chikuma II NCC-1759 • U.S.S. El Dorado II NCC-1724 • U.S.S. Emperador NCC-1774 • U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-A • U.S.S. Fontana NCC-1793 • U.S.S. Java NCC-1794 • U.S.S. Kearsarge NCC-1721 • U.S.S. Kitty Hawk II NCC-1754 • U.S.S. Kongo II NCC-1710 • U.S.S. Marcello NCC-1785 • U.S.S. Ticonderoga II NCC-1736 • U.S.S. Ukrania NCC-1783
Notes and References
- The registry given for the Valiant in the Star Fleet Technical Manual, NCC-1709, conflicted with that in FASA materials, as well as that of the U.S.S. Lexington NCC-1709. The 1709 registry was disregarded in favor of the registry in the FASA game materials. The subsequent listing for a second Valiant, NCC-1731, also conflicted with the FASA materials, and was disregarded.
- Joseph, Franz (Author). Star Fleet Technical Manual. Star Trek. Book. Ballantine Books. November 1975.
- Theisen, John A. (Author). The Four Years War. Star Trek: The Role Playing Game. Book 2218A . Cover art and illustrations by Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- While the Federation Ship Recognition Manual stated that the Valiant was first commissioned as a Constitution class (Mark II) cruiser on 2/0010, the Four Years War game supplement indicated that all of the ships listed in the Star Fleet Technical Manual were commissioned prior to the war, including the Valiant as a Bonhomme Richard class cruiser. An earlier listing for the Valiant NCC-1703 was disregarded, as it contradicted the FASA material stating that the Valiant was not part of the original 13 Constitution class vessels. This conflict was resolved with the Valiant first commissioned as a Bonhomme Richard, then refit to a Constitution Mark II. Its service record then continued as noted in the Federation Ship Recognition Manual.
- Brown, Forest G. (Author). Federation Ship Recognition Manual. Star Trek: The Role Playing Game. Book 2302 , Second Edition. Cover art by Dana Knutson. Illustrations by Dana Knutson and Robert Oswald. FASA Corporation. 1985.
- Stuart, Rick (Author). Star Trek: The Next Generation Officer's Manual. Star Trek: The Role Playing Game. Book 2012 . Cover design by Jim Nelson. Illustrations by Rob Caswell, David R. Deitrick, A.C. Farley, Dana Knutson, Jim Nelson, Jeff Laubenstein, and Todd F. Marsh. Deck plans by Steve Venters. Cutaway illustrations by David R. Deitrick. Ship illustrations by Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1988.