U.S.S. Yorktown NCC-1717
|Commissioned||RSD 1/9005 (May 2247)|
RSD 1/9005 (May 2190)
|Status||Decommissioned RSD 2/1102 (Feb 2269); Stolen, Lost 2293|
Decommissioned RSD 2/1102 (Feb 2211)
Construction on the Federation Starship Yorktown, a Constitution class vessel, was authorized by the Starfleet Appropriation of Stardate 0965. The Yorktown was commissioned on Reference Stardate 1/9005 (May 2247). The Yorktown was commanded by Captain Evan Foster from 2254 through 2269, and the ship patrolled between the Klingon border and Theta VII. On Reference Stardate 1/96 (2253), Michael Pollard completed his second cadet cruise aboard the Yorktown. The Yorktown was refit to Mark III specifications on Reference Stardate 2/0308 (August 2261). Henri Beaujolais also served aboard from Reference Stardate 2/07-2/08 (2265-2266). The Yorktown was scheduled to rendezvous with the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 in 2267 to transfer critically needed vaccines for Theta VII; the Enterprise was unable to make the rendezvous with the Yorktown until the investigation and destruction of the dikironium cloud creature was complete. Elias Hodgkins served aboard the Yorktown from Reference Stardate 2/09-2/11 (2267-2269). The Yorktown was retired and placed into the Starfleet Museum on Reference Stardate 2/1102 (February 2269). In 2293, a terrorist group calling itself "1992" stole the Yorktown from the museum. Using it to perform a slingshot maneuver in order to travel through time, the group planned to erase the events of the Eugenics Wars from history. The group and the Yorktown were never seen again, and it remained unclear whether the group failed, or if they succeeded only in creating a new timeline where their alterations to history had occurred.
Construction on the Federation Starship Yorktown, a Constitution class vessel, was authorized by the Starfleet Appropriation of Stardate 0965. The Yorktown was commissioned on Reference Stardate 1/9005 (May 2190). On Reference Stardate 1/96 (2196), Michael Pollard completed his second cadet cruise aboard the Yorktown. The Yorktown was refit to Mark III specifications on Reference Stardate 2/0308 (August 2203). Henri Beaujolais also served aboard from Reference Stardate 2/07-2/08 (2207-2208). The Yorktown was scheduled to rendezvous with the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 in 2209 to transfer critically needed vaccines for Theta VII; the Enterprise was unable to make the rendezvous with the Yorktown until the investigation and destruction of the dikironium cloud creature was complete. Elias Hodgkins served aboard the Yorktown from Reference Stardate 2/09-2/11 (2209-2211). The Yorktown was scrapped on Reference Stardate 2/1102 (February 2211).
Ships Named Yorktown
U.S.S. Yorktown NCC-108 (Daedalus class) | U.S.S. Yorktown NCC-1717 (Constitution class) | U.S.S. Yorktown (Constitution class, Enterprise subclass) | U.S.S. Yorktown NCC-2033 (Excelsior class) | U.S.S. Yorktown NCC-61137 (Zodiac class) | U.S.S. Yorktown NCC-90276 (Sovereign class)
Constitution class vessels
Constitution class Mk I (2245)
U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1017 | U.S.S. Constitution NCC-1700 | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 | U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-1664 | U.S.S. Exeter NCC-1672 | U.S.S. Farragut NCC-1647 | U.S.S. Hood NCC-1703 | U.S.S. Intrepid NCC-1631 | U.S.S. Lexington NCC-1709 | U.S.S. Potemkin NCC-1657 | U.S.S. Republic NCC-1371 | U.S.S. Yorktown NCC-1717
Bonhomme Richard subclass (c.2250)
U.S.S. Ari NCC-1723 | U.S.S. Bonhomme Richard NCC-1712 | U.S.S. Defiant NCC-1764 | U.S.S. Eagle NCC-956 | U.S.S. El Dorado NCC-1722 | U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-1895 | U.S.S. Essex NCC-1727 | U.S.S. Excelsior NCC-1718 | U.S.S. Graf Zeppelin NCC-1726 | U.S.S. Hornet NCC-1714 | U.S.S. Kent NCC-1725 | U.S.S. Lafayette NCC-1720 | U.S.S. Merrimac NCC-1715 | U.S.S. Monitor NCC-1713 | U.S.S. Saratoga NCC-1724 | U.S.S. Valiant NCC-1731 | U.S.S. Wasp NCC-1721
Achernar subclass (2252)
U.S.S. Achernar NCC-1732 | U.S.S. Ahzdar NCC-1790 | U.S.S. Akagi NCC-1779 | U.S.S. Alam'ak NCC-1796 | U.S.S. Androcus NCC-1738 | U.S.S. Ark Royal NCC-1791 | U.S.S. Astrad NCC-1739 | U.S.S. Behr'ak NCC-1797 | U.S.S. Bunker Hill NCC-1745 | U.S.S. Caspan NCC-1753 | U.S.S. Chikuma NCC-1759 | U.S.S. Clemenceau NCC-1784 | U.S.S. Discovery NCC-1798 | U.S.S. Ekinus NCC-1771 | U.S.S. Emperador NCC-1774 | U.S.S. Eskiis NCC-1789 | U.S.S. Fontana NCC-1793 | U.S.S. Forrestal NCC-1751 | U.S.S. Franklin NCC-1743 | U.S.S. Friedland NCC-1781 | U.S.S. Ghar NCC-1786 | U.S.S. Gniesenau NCC-1773 | U.S.S. Hancock NCC-1735 | U.S.S. Horok NCC-1748 | U.S.S. Java NCC-1794 | U.S.S. Jupiter NCC-1734 | U.S.S. Kaga NCC-1780 | U.S.S. Kars NCC-1769 | U.S.S. Kep Salu NCC-1767 | U.S.S. Kestral NCC-1766 | U.S.S. Ketoi NCC-1768 | U.S.S. King George V NCC-1740 | U.S.S. Kirishima NCC-1775 | U.S.S. Kitty Hawk NCC-1754 | U.S.S. Konigsburg NCC-1782 | U.S.S. Langley NCC-1749 | U.S.S. Marcello NCC-1785 | U.S.S. Mazda NCC-1778 | U.S.S. Minsk NCC-1752 | U.S.S. Mirazh NCC-1788 | U.S.S. Ndele NCC-1758 | U.S.S. Oomaru NCC-1761 | U.S.S. Oriskany NCC-1733 | U.S.S. Paegan NCC-1755 | U.S.S. Pari NCC-1787 | U.S.S. Phardos NCC-1757 | U.S.S. Pilar NCC-1746 | U.S.S. Prince of Wales NCC-1741 | U.S.S. Procyon NCC-1756 | U.S.S. Proxima NCC-1737 | U.S.S. Qual'at NCC-1700 | U.S.S. Radetsky NCC-1792 | U.S.S. Richelieu NCC-1750 | U.S.S. Rivoli NCC-1765 | U.S.S. Santissma Trinidad NCC-1742 | U.S.S. Scharnhorst NCC-1772 | U.S.S. Shaandra NCC-1795 | U.S.S. Sinuiji NCC-1770 | U.S.S. Sirius NCC-1744 | U.S.S. Temir NCC-1763 | U.S.S. Tholus NCC-1747 | U.S.S. Ticonderoga NCC-1736 | U.S.S. Tulan NCC-1777 | U.S.S. Tutakai NCC-1799 | U.S.S. Ukrania NCC-1783 | U.S.S. Victory NCC-1760 | U.S.S. Yaan NCC-1762
Tikopai subclass (2252)
U.S.S. Acrux NCC-1818 | U.S.S. Adhara NCC-1827 | U.S.S. Agena NCC-1816 | U.S.S. Aldebaran NCC-1812 | U.S.S. Alioth NCC-1828 | U.S.S. Alkaid NCC-1829 | U.S.S. Alnilam NCC-1830 | U.S.S. Altair NCC-1803 | U.S.S. Anak NCC-1821 | U.S.S. Antares NCC-1820 | U.S.S. Arcturus NCC-1807 | U.S.S. Arided NCC-1831 | U.S.S. Bellatrix NCC-1832 | U.S.S. Betelgeuse NCC-1822 | U.S.S. Binar NCC-1819 | U.S.S. Canopus NCC-1814 | U.S.S. Capella NCC-1809 | U.S.S. Castor NCC-1833 | U.S.S. Darion NCC-1810 | U.S.S. Deneb NCC-1826 | U.S.S. Dubhe NCC-1834 | U.S.S. El Nath NCC-1835 | U.S.S. Fomalhaut NCC-1804 | U.S.S. Helios NCC-1825 | U.S.S. Hor NCC-1813 | U.S.S. K'Hotan NCC-1802 | U.S.S. K'Ushui NCC-1801 | U.S.S. Lux NCC-1823 | U.S.S. Miaplacidas NCC-1836 | U.S.S. Mirfak NCC-1837 | U.S.S. Murzim NCC-1838 | U.S.S. Nakarat NCC-1805 | U.S.S. Polaris NCC-1839 | U.S.S. Pollux NCC-1808 | U.S.S. Regulus NCC-1840 | U.S.S. Rigel NCC-1824 | U.S.S. Sardar NCC-1811 | U.S.S. Shaula NCC-1841 | U.S.S. Spica NCC-1815 | U.S.S. Tikopai NCC-1800 | U.S.S. Vega NCC-1806 | U.S.S. Vena NCC-1817 | U.S.S. Wezen NCC-1842 | U.S.S. Xanthii NCC-1843
Constitution class Mk II (2257)
Constitution class Mk III (2262)
Enterprise subclass Mk I (2273)
U.S.S. Akagi | U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1728 | U.S.S. Defiant | U.S.S. Excalibur | U.S.S. Exeter NCC-1706 | U.S.S. Farragut NCC-1729 | U.S.S. Forrestal | U.S.S. Hood | U.S.S. Potemkin | U.S.S. Republic | U.S.S. Rivoli | U.S.S. Valley Forge | U.S.S. Yorktown
Enterprise subclass Mk II (2280)
Enterprise subclass Mk III (2284)
Notes and References
- The Yorktown's registry given in the "Star Fleet Technical Manual," NCC-1704, conflicted with that given in the "Federation Ship Recognition Manual and other sources, NCC-1717; the registry from the "Federation Ship Recognition Manual" has been used instead.
- Joseph, Franz. Star Trek: Star Fleet Technical Manual. Ballantine Books, November 1975.
- Brown, Forest G. "Federation Ship Recognition Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2302, 2nd ed. Cover Art by Dana Knutson. Illustrations by Dana Knutson and Robert Oswald. FASA Corporation, 1985.
- Hite, Kenneth (Line Developer). "Core Rule Book." Star Trek Roleplaying Game, Book 45000. Designed by Christian Moore, Ross Isaacs, Kenneth Hite, and Steven S. Long. Written by James L. Cambias ("Space," "New Life," "Menagerie," and "New Civilizations"), Jackie Cassada and Nicky Rea ("To Boldly Go," and "Where No Man Has Gone Before"), Kenneth Hite (passim), Robin D. Laws ("Federation," "Starfleet," and fictional vignettes), Steven S. Long ("Character Creation," "Characteristics," "Action," "Rewards," "Starships," and "Starship Combat"), S. John Ross ("Constructing an Episode"), and John Snead ("Starship Locations," and "Technology"). Editing by Janice Sellers. Original Art by Randy Asplund (ships), Joe Corroney (creatures), Gordon Purcell (archetypes and adventure), and Walter Velez (Yorktown crew). Last Unicorn Games, Inc., 1999.
- Theisen, John A. "Where Has All the Glory Gone?" Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2217. Cover Art by David Dietrick. Illustrations by Jane Bigos and Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1985.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "Obsession." Star Trek, Season 2, Episode 18. Directed by Ralph Senensky. Written by Art Wallace. Desilu Productions, 15 December 1967.
- Goodman, David A. Federation: The First 150 Years. Titan Books, October 2013.