U.S.S. Constitution NCC-1700
|Commissioned||RSD 1/8801.04 (4 Jan 2245)|
RSD 1/8801.04 (4 Jan 2188)
Construction on the Federation Starship Constitution, the prototype of the Constitution class cruisers, was authorized by the Starfleet Appropriation of Stardate 0965. The Constitution was commissioned on Reference Stardate 1/8801.04 (4 January 2245). Construction began at the San Francisco Fleet Yards on Reference Stardate 1/8209 (September 2239), and the Constitution boasted several new technologies, most notably Duotronic computers; Reference Stardate 2/0206 (June 2260) saw a refit to Mark III specifications.
The ship was commanded by Fleet Captain Kelvar Garth (aka Garth of Izar) from 2251 until 2255. The Constitution was later commanded by Commodore Darion Page from 2256 until the end of her career, and saw combat during the Klingon War. In 2267, the Constitution was at Starbase 11 for repairs. The Constitution was lost in action in 2269, but subsequently recovered and placed in an inactive reserve fleet on Reference Stardate 2/1205 (March 2270).
Construction on the Federation Starship Constitution, the prototype of the Constitution class cruisers, was authorized by the Starfleet Appropriation of Stardate 0965. The Constitution was commissioned on Reference Stardate 1/8801.04 (4 January 2188). Construction began at the San Francisco Fleet Yards on Reference Stardate 1/8209 (September 2182), and the Constitution boasted several new technologies, most notably Duotronic computers; Reference Stardate 2/0206 (June 2202) saw a refit to Mark III specifications.
The Constitution saw combat during the Four Years War. In 2209, the Constitution was at Starbase 11 for repairs. The Constitution was placed in an inactive reserve fleet on Reference Stardate 2/1205 (May 2212).
Ships Named Constitution
Constitution class vessels
Constitution class Mk I (2245)
U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1017 | U.S.S. Constitution NCC-1700 | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 | U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-1664 | U.S.S. Exeter NCC-1672 | U.S.S. Farragut NCC-1647 | U.S.S. Hood NCC-1703 | U.S.S. Intrepid NCC-1631 | U.S.S. Lexington NCC-1709 | U.S.S. Potemkin NCC-1657 | U.S.S. Republic NCC-1371 | U.S.S. Yorktown NCC-1717
Bonhomme Richard subclass (c.2250)
U.S.S. Ari NCC-1723 | U.S.S. Bonhomme Richard NCC-1712 | U.S.S. Defiant NCC-1764 | U.S.S. Eagle NCC-956 | U.S.S. El Dorado NCC-1722 | U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-1895 | U.S.S. Essex NCC-1727 | U.S.S. Excelsior NCC-1718 | U.S.S. Graf Zeppelin NCC-1726 | U.S.S. Hornet NCC-1714 | U.S.S. Kent NCC-1725 | U.S.S. Lafayette NCC-1720 | U.S.S. Merrimac NCC-1715 | U.S.S. Monitor NCC-1713 | U.S.S. Saratoga NCC-1724 | U.S.S. Valiant NCC-1731 | U.S.S. Wasp NCC-1721
Achernar subclass (2252)
U.S.S. Achernar NCC-1732 | U.S.S. Ahzdar NCC-1790 | U.S.S. Akagi NCC-1779 | U.S.S. Alam'ak NCC-1796 | U.S.S. Androcus NCC-1738 | U.S.S. Ark Royal NCC-1791 | U.S.S. Astrad NCC-1739 | U.S.S. Behr'ak NCC-1797 | U.S.S. Bunker Hill NCC-1745 | U.S.S. Caspan NCC-1753 | U.S.S. Chikuma NCC-1759 | U.S.S. Clemenceau NCC-1784 | U.S.S. Discovery NCC-1798 | U.S.S. Ekinus NCC-1771 | U.S.S. Emperador NCC-1774 | U.S.S. Eskiis NCC-1789 | U.S.S. Fontana NCC-1793 | U.S.S. Forrestal NCC-1751 | U.S.S. Franklin NCC-1743 | U.S.S. Friedland NCC-1781 | U.S.S. Ghar NCC-1786 | U.S.S. Gniesenau NCC-1773 | U.S.S. Hancock NCC-1735 | U.S.S. Horok NCC-1748 | U.S.S. Java NCC-1794 | U.S.S. Jupiter NCC-1734 | U.S.S. Kaga NCC-1780 | U.S.S. Kars NCC-1769 | U.S.S. Kep Salu NCC-1767 | U.S.S. Kestral NCC-1766 | U.S.S. Ketoi NCC-1768 | U.S.S. King George V NCC-1740 | U.S.S. Kirishima NCC-1775 | U.S.S. Kitty Hawk NCC-1754 | U.S.S. Konigsburg NCC-1782 | U.S.S. Langley NCC-1749 | U.S.S. Marcello NCC-1785 | U.S.S. Mazda NCC-1778 | U.S.S. Minsk NCC-1752 | U.S.S. Mirazh NCC-1788 | U.S.S. Ndele NCC-1758 | U.S.S. Oomaru NCC-1761 | U.S.S. Oriskany NCC-1733 | U.S.S. Paegan NCC-1755 | U.S.S. Pari NCC-1787 | U.S.S. Phardos NCC-1757 | U.S.S. Pilar NCC-1746 | U.S.S. Prince of Wales NCC-1741 | U.S.S. Procyon NCC-1756 | U.S.S. Proxima NCC-1737 | U.S.S. Qual'at NCC-1700 | U.S.S. Radetsky NCC-1792 | U.S.S. Richelieu NCC-1750 | U.S.S. Rivoli NCC-1765 | U.S.S. Santissma Trinidad NCC-1742 | U.S.S. Scharnhorst NCC-1772 | U.S.S. Shaandra NCC-1795 | U.S.S. Sinuiji NCC-1770 | U.S.S. Sirius NCC-1744 | U.S.S. Temir NCC-1763 | U.S.S. Tholus NCC-1747 | U.S.S. Ticonderoga NCC-1736 | U.S.S. Tulan NCC-1777 | U.S.S. Tutakai NCC-1799 | U.S.S. Ukrania NCC-1783 | U.S.S. Victory NCC-1760 | U.S.S. Yaan NCC-1762
Tikopai subclass (2252)
U.S.S. Acrux NCC-1818 | U.S.S. Adhara NCC-1827 | U.S.S. Agena NCC-1816 | U.S.S. Aldebaran NCC-1812 | U.S.S. Alioth NCC-1828 | U.S.S. Alkaid NCC-1829 | U.S.S. Alnilam NCC-1830 | U.S.S. Altair NCC-1803 | U.S.S. Anak NCC-1821 | U.S.S. Antares NCC-1820 | U.S.S. Arcturus NCC-1807 | U.S.S. Arided NCC-1831 | U.S.S. Bellatrix NCC-1832 | U.S.S. Betelgeuse NCC-1822 | U.S.S. Binar NCC-1819 | U.S.S. Canopus NCC-1814 | U.S.S. Capella NCC-1809 | U.S.S. Castor NCC-1833 | U.S.S. Darion NCC-1810 | U.S.S. Deneb NCC-1826 | U.S.S. Dubhe NCC-1834 | U.S.S. El Nath NCC-1835 | U.S.S. Fomalhaut NCC-1804 | U.S.S. Helios NCC-1825 | U.S.S. Hor NCC-1813 | U.S.S. K'Hotan NCC-1802 | U.S.S. K'Ushui NCC-1801 | U.S.S. Lux NCC-1823 | U.S.S. Miaplacidas NCC-1836 | U.S.S. Mirfak NCC-1837 | U.S.S. Murzim NCC-1838 | U.S.S. Nakarat NCC-1805 | U.S.S. Polaris NCC-1839 | U.S.S. Pollux NCC-1808 | U.S.S. Regulus NCC-1840 | U.S.S. Rigel NCC-1824 | U.S.S. Sardar NCC-1811 | U.S.S. Shaula NCC-1841 | U.S.S. Spica NCC-1815 | U.S.S. Tikopai NCC-1800 | U.S.S. Vega NCC-1806 | U.S.S. Vena NCC-1817 | U.S.S. Wezen NCC-1842 | U.S.S. Xanthii NCC-1843
Constitution class Mk II (2257)
Constitution class Mk III (2262)
Enterprise subclass Mk I (2273)
U.S.S. Akagi | U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1728 | U.S.S. Defiant | U.S.S. Excalibur | U.S.S. Exeter NCC-1706 | U.S.S. Farragut NCC-1729 | U.S.S. Forrestal | U.S.S. Hood | U.S.S. Potemkin | U.S.S. Republic | U.S.S. Rivoli | U.S.S. Valley Forge | U.S.S. Yorktown
Enterprise subclass Mk II (2280)
Enterprise subclass Mk III (2284)
Ships Named Constitution
Notes and References
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "The Trouble With Tribbles." Star Trek, Season 2, Episode 13. Directed by Joseph Pevney. Written by David Gerrold. Desilu Productions, 29 December 1967.
- Joseph, Franz. Star Trek: Star Fleet Technical Manual. Ballantine Books, November 1975.
- McLimore, Guy W. Jr., and Poehlein, Greg K., with Forest Brown and David Tepool. "Star Trek III: The Search for Spock Sourcebook Update." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2214. Graphics and Layout by Dana Knutson and Jordan Weisman. FASA Corporation. 1984.
- Hite, Kenneth (Line Developer). "Core Rule Book." Star Trek Roleplaying Game, Book 45000. Designed by Christian Moore, Ross Isaacs, Kenneth Hite, and Steven S. Long. Written by James L. Cambias ("Space," "New Life," "Menagerie," and "New Civilizations"), Jackie Cassada and Nicky Rea ("To Boldly Go," and "Where No Man Has Gone Before"), Kenneth Hite (passim), Robin D. Laws ("Federation," "Starfleet," and fictional vignettes), Steven S. Long ("Character Creation," "Characteristics," "Action," "Rewards," "Starships," and "Starship Combat"), S. John Ross ("Constructing an Episode"), and John Snead ("Starship Locations," and "Technology"). Editing by Janice Sellers. Original Art by Randy Asplund (ships), Joe Corroney (creatures), Gordon Purcell (archetypes and adventure), and Walter Velez (Yorktown crew). Last Unicorn Games, Inc., 1999.
- Theisen, John A. "The Four Years War." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2218A. Cover Art and Illustrations by Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "The Ultimate Computer." Star Trek, Season 2, Episode 24. Directed by John Meredyth Lucas. Story by Laurence N. Wolfe. Teleplay by D.C. Fontana. Desilu Productions, 8 March 1968.
- Brown, Forest G. "Federation Ship Recognition Manual." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2302, 2nd ed. Cover Art by Dana Knutson. Illustrations by Dana Knutson and Robert Oswald. FASA Corporation, 1985.
- Heinig, Jess and Isaacs, Ross A. (Line Developers). "Starships." Star Trek Roleplaying Game, Book 4. Written by Bridges, Bill, Greenberg, Andrew, Hite, Kenneth, Isaacs, Ross A., and Sun, Doug. Illustrations by David Pipgrass. Decipher, Inc., 2003.
- The FASA Star Trek: The Roleplaying Game supplement "The Four Years War" (1986) established that Captain Garth commanded the Marklin class destroyer U.S.S. Xenophon during the Battle of Axanar in 2251. The Last Unicorn Games Star Trek Roleplaying Game "Core Game Book" (1999) and the Decipher Star Trek Role Playing Game supplement "Starships" (2003) both stated that Garth commanded the Constitution from 2245 until 2255. This conflict was resolved by keeping Garth in command of the Xenophon until after the Battle of Axanar, at which point he was transferred to command of the Constitution.
- The FASA supplement Federation Ship Recognition Manual stated that the Constitution was placed on Inactive Reserve on Reference Stardate 2/1205 (May 2270), whereas Decipher's "Starships" stated that the Constitution was lost in 2269. This conflict is resolved by stating that the ship went missing, and was retired upon its return/recovery a year later.
- Roddenberry, Gene (Executive Producer). "Court Martial." Star Trek, Season 1, Episode 14. Directed by Marc Daniels. Story by Don M. Mankiewicz. Teleplay by Don M. Mankiewicz and Steven W. Carabatsos (Teleplay). Desilu Productions, 2 February 1967.
- Abrams, J.J. & Lindelof, Damon (Producers). Star Trek. Directed by J.J. Abrams. Written by Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 8 May 2009.