U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-A
U.S.S. Enterprise (ST06)
The second Federation starship to bear the name, the Enterprise was, like its predecessor, a Constitution class vessel, launched on Reference Stardate 2/2210.15 (15 October 2285) and placed under the command of the recently-demoted Captain James T. Kirk by the Federation Council and Starfleet Command in appreciation for his role in saving Earth from the destructive effects of an alien probe. The new Enterprise was, in fact, a contemporary of her predecessor; the ship was recommissioned the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-A by a special act of the Federation Council; prior to that, the ship was the U.S.S. Yorktown NCC-1717. The flagship of Starfleet and a key ambassador of the Federation, the Enterprise symbolized the spirit of discovery and adventure that drove the Federation to seek that which was just beyond its reach.
Although shakedown tests and systems installation under the aegis of Captain Montgomery Scott had not been completed following the vessel's refit in the wake of the Cetacean probe crisis, the Enterprise was rushed into service in early 2286 to intervene in a hostage situation at planet Nimbus III. In 2293, the ship had been placed on reserve status, but was pressed back into active service to escort Klingon Chancellor Gorkon to Earth for an historic peace conference. Although the scheduled talks were canceled after Gorkon was assassinated, the Enterprise and her crew were instrumental in the success of the Khitomer peace conference shortly thereafter. The Enterprise was scheduled to be decommissioned shortly after the Khitomer Conference due to the massive damage the ship received during its battle with a rogue Klingon Bird-of-Prey in orbit of Khitomer, but was allowed to remain in service a few months longer after the majority of the damage was repaired by Captain Scott and his engineering staff.
Ships Named Enterprise
H.M.S. Enterprise | U.S.S. Enterprise (U.S. Navy) | U.S.S. Enterprise CV-6 (Yorktown class aircraft carrier) | U.S.S. Enterprise CVN-65 (Nimitz class aircraft carrier) | Enterprise OV-101 (Space Shuttle) | Enterprise XCV-330 (Declaration class) | Enterprise NX-01 (NX class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 (Constitution class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-A (Constitution class Refit) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-B (Excelsior class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-C (Ambassador class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D (Galaxy class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E (Sovereign class)
H.M.S. Enterprise | U.S.S. Enterprise CVN-65 (Nimitz class aircraft carrier) | Enterprise OV-101 (Space Shuttle) | Enterprise XCV-330 (Declaration class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 (Constitution class/Enterprise class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-A (Enterprise class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-B (Excelsior class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-C (Ambassador class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D (Galaxy class)
H.M.S. Enterprise | U.S.S. Enterprise (U.S. Navy) | U.S.S. Enterprise CV-6 (Yorktown class aircraft carrier) | U.S.S. Enterprise CVN-65 (Nimitz class aircraft carrier) | Enterprise OV-101 (Space Shuttle) | Enterprise XCV-330 (Declaration class) | Enterprise NX-01 (NX class) | U.S.S. Enterprise (Unknown class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 (Constitution class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-A (Constitution class Refit)
H.M.S. Enterprise | I.S.S. Enterprise NX-01 (NX class, 2151-2155) | I.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 (Constitution class, 2245) | I.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-A (Constitution class Refit) | I.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-B (Excelsior class) | I.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-C (Ambassador class) | I.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D (Galaxy class)
U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 (Alternate Timelines) (Constitution class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-A (Alternate Timelines) (Constitution class Refit) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-B (Alternate Timelines) (Excelsior class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-C (Alternate Timelines) (Ambassador class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D (Alternate Timelines) (Galaxy class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E (Alternate Timelines) (Sovereign class) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-F (Odyssey class, STO Timeline) | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-J (Universe class)
Constitution class vessels
Constitution class Mk I (2245)
U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1017 | U.S.S. Constitution NCC-1700 | U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 | U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-1664 | U.S.S. Exeter NCC-1672 | U.S.S. Farragut NCC-1647 | U.S.S. Hood NCC-1703 | U.S.S. Intrepid NCC-1631 | U.S.S. Lexington NCC-1709 | U.S.S. Potemkin NCC-1657 | U.S.S. Republic NCC-1371 | U.S.S. Yorktown NCC-1717
Bonhomme Richard subclass (c.2250)
U.S.S. Ari NCC-1723 | U.S.S. Bonhomme Richard NCC-1712 | U.S.S. Defiant NCC-1764 | U.S.S. Eagle NCC-956 | U.S.S. El Dorado NCC-1722 | U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-1895 | U.S.S. Essex NCC-1727 | U.S.S. Excelsior NCC-1718 | U.S.S. Graf Zeppelin NCC-1726 | U.S.S. Hornet NCC-1714 | U.S.S. Kent NCC-1725 | U.S.S. Lafayette NCC-1720 | U.S.S. Merrimac NCC-1715 | U.S.S. Monitor NCC-1713 | U.S.S. Saratoga NCC-1724 | U.S.S. Valiant NCC-1731 | U.S.S. Wasp NCC-1721
Achernar subclass (2252)
U.S.S. Achernar NCC-1732 | U.S.S. Ahzdar NCC-1790 | U.S.S. Akagi NCC-1779 | U.S.S. Alam'ak NCC-1796 | U.S.S. Androcus NCC-1738 | U.S.S. Ark Royal NCC-1791 | U.S.S. Astrad NCC-1739 | U.S.S. Behr'ak NCC-1797 | U.S.S. Bunker Hill NCC-1745 | U.S.S. Caspan NCC-1753 | U.S.S. Chikuma NCC-1759 | U.S.S. Clemenceau NCC-1784 | U.S.S. Discovery NCC-1798 | U.S.S. Ekinus NCC-1771 | U.S.S. Emperador NCC-1774 | U.S.S. Eskiis NCC-1789 | U.S.S. Fontana NCC-1793 | U.S.S. Forrestal NCC-1751 | U.S.S. Franklin NCC-1743 | U.S.S. Friedland NCC-1781 | U.S.S. Ghar NCC-1786 | U.S.S. Gniesenau NCC-1773 | U.S.S. Hancock NCC-1735 | U.S.S. Horok NCC-1748 | U.S.S. Java NCC-1794 | U.S.S. Jupiter NCC-1734 | U.S.S. Kaga NCC-1780 | U.S.S. Kars NCC-1769 | U.S.S. Kep Salu NCC-1767 | U.S.S. Kestral NCC-1766 | U.S.S. Ketoi NCC-1768 | U.S.S. King George V NCC-1740 | U.S.S. Kirishima NCC-1775 | U.S.S. Kitty Hawk NCC-1754 | U.S.S. Konigsburg NCC-1782 | U.S.S. Langley NCC-1749 | U.S.S. Marcello NCC-1785 | U.S.S. Mazda NCC-1778 | U.S.S. Minsk NCC-1752 | U.S.S. Mirazh NCC-1788 | U.S.S. Ndele NCC-1758 | U.S.S. Oomaru NCC-1761 | U.S.S. Oriskany NCC-1733 | U.S.S. Paegan NCC-1755 | U.S.S. Pari NCC-1787 | U.S.S. Phardos NCC-1757 | U.S.S. Pilar NCC-1746 | U.S.S. Prince of Wales NCC-1741 | U.S.S. Procyon NCC-1756 | U.S.S. Proxima NCC-1737 | U.S.S. Qual'at NCC-1700 | U.S.S. Radetsky NCC-1792 | U.S.S. Richelieu NCC-1750 | U.S.S. Rivoli NCC-1765 | U.S.S. Santissma Trinidad NCC-1742 | U.S.S. Scharnhorst NCC-1772 | U.S.S. Shaandra NCC-1795 | U.S.S. Sinuiji NCC-1770 | U.S.S. Sirius NCC-1744 | U.S.S. Temir NCC-1763 | U.S.S. Tholus NCC-1747 | U.S.S. Ticonderoga NCC-1736 | U.S.S. Tulan NCC-1777 | U.S.S. Tutakai NCC-1799 | U.S.S. Ukrania NCC-1783 | U.S.S. Victory NCC-1760 | U.S.S. Yaan NCC-1762
Tikopai subclass (2252)
U.S.S. Acrux NCC-1818 | U.S.S. Adhara NCC-1827 | U.S.S. Agena NCC-1816 | U.S.S. Aldebaran NCC-1812 | U.S.S. Alioth NCC-1828 | U.S.S. Alkaid NCC-1829 | U.S.S. Alnilam NCC-1830 | U.S.S. Altair NCC-1803 | U.S.S. Anak NCC-1821 | U.S.S. Antares NCC-1820 | U.S.S. Arcturus NCC-1807 | U.S.S. Arided NCC-1831 | U.S.S. Bellatrix NCC-1832 | U.S.S. Betelgeuse NCC-1822 | U.S.S. Binar NCC-1819 | U.S.S. Canopus NCC-1814 | U.S.S. Capella NCC-1809 | U.S.S. Castor NCC-1833 | U.S.S. Darion NCC-1810 | U.S.S. Deneb NCC-1826 | U.S.S. Dubhe NCC-1834 | U.S.S. El Nath NCC-1835 | U.S.S. Fomalhaut NCC-1804 | U.S.S. Helios NCC-1825 | U.S.S. Hor NCC-1813 | U.S.S. K'Hotan NCC-1802 | U.S.S. K'Ushui NCC-1801 | U.S.S. Lux NCC-1823 | U.S.S. Miaplacidas NCC-1836 | U.S.S. Mirfak NCC-1837 | U.S.S. Murzim NCC-1838 | U.S.S. Nakarat NCC-1805 | U.S.S. Polaris NCC-1839 | U.S.S. Pollux NCC-1808 | U.S.S. Regulus NCC-1840 | U.S.S. Rigel NCC-1824 | U.S.S. Sardar NCC-1811 | U.S.S. Shaula NCC-1841 | U.S.S. Spica NCC-1815 | U.S.S. Tikopai NCC-1800 | U.S.S. Vega NCC-1806 | U.S.S. Vena NCC-1817 | U.S.S. Wezen NCC-1842 | U.S.S. Xanthii NCC-1843
Constitution class Mk II (2257)
Constitution class Mk III (2262)
Enterprise subclass Mk I (2273)
U.S.S. Akagi | U.S.S. Constellation NCC-1728 | U.S.S. Defiant | U.S.S. Excalibur | U.S.S. Exeter NCC-1706 | U.S.S. Farragut NCC-1729 | U.S.S. Forrestal | U.S.S. Hood | U.S.S. Potemkin | U.S.S. Republic | U.S.S. Rivoli | U.S.S. Valley Forge | U.S.S. Yorktown
Enterprise subclass Mk II (2280)
Enterprise subclass Mk III (2284)
Notes and References
- Barton, William A., Gallagher, Tara J., Hess, Clare W. III, Huettel, Todd W., Kemper, Dale L., Menke, Bernard Edward, Pardoe, Blaine L., Peterson, Boy F., Rogan, Peter R., Stein, Kevin, Stuart, Rick David, and Theisen, John A. "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home Sourcebook Update." Star Trek: The Role Playing Game, Supplement 2224. Cover Art by Dana Knutson. Illustrations by Todd F. Marsh, Jeff Laubenstein, and Dana Knutson. FASA Corporation. 1986.
- Bennett, Harve (Producer). Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. Directed by Leonard Nimoy. Story by Leonard Nimoy and Harve Bennett. Screenplay by Steve Meerson & Peter Krikes and Harve Bennett & Nicholas Meyer. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 26 November 1986.
- McIntyre, Vonda. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. Pocket Books, December 1986.
- Sternbach, Rick and Okuda, Michael. Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual. Pocket Books, 1991.
- There are several conflicting sources for which ship became the Enterprise-A. FASA game materials stated that the U.S.S. Atlantis NCC-1786 was the ship that was rechristened, while Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise stated that the ship was named the U.S.S. Ti-Ho NCC-1798, a testbed for experiments in creating a transwarp drive. The Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual, however, stated that the ship in question was, in fact, the U.S.S. Yorktown, which was seen earlier in Star Trek IV. Given the stronger canonical links of the Technical manual over the other book, and the priority of books over game materials in conflict resolution for this site, the conflict is resolved in favor of the Yorktown.
- Johnson, Shane. Star Trek: Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise. Pocket Books, July 1987.
- Bennett, Harve (Producer). Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. Directed by William Shatner. Story by William Shatner & Harve Bennett & David Loughery. Screenplay by David Loughery. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 9 June 1989.
- Steven-Charles Jaffe & Ralph Winter (Producers). Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Directed by Nicholas Meyer. Story by Leonard Nimoy and Lawrence Konner & Mark Rosenthal. Screenplay by Nicholas Meyer & Denny Martin Flinn. Paramount Pictures Corporation, 6 December 1991.
- Crispin, A.C. "Sarek." Star Trek. Pocket Books, March 1994.